Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New Cutting-edge Mass Spectrometry Instruments at ASMS 2011. Redefining Performance and Increasing Productivity for a Range of Applications". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||Velos Pro dual-pressure linear ion trap mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||EASY-nLC 1000 system|
|Index term 2||Dionex–Thermo Fisher: investment, 201012–201105 acquisition cash tender offer $2.1b $118.5/share|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, introduced three breakthrough instruments that take mass spectrometry (MS) analysis to new levels of performance in resolution, speed, sensitivity and accuracy. The new instruments were unveiled at the 59th Annual ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, being held June 5-9 at the Colorado Convention Center.
Highlights at ASMS this year include:
* NewThermo Scientific Velos Pro: anion trap with unsurpassed speed and sensitivity for MSn molecular structural elucidation and the ideal front end for Orbitrap(R) hybrid instruments.
* NewThermo Scientific Orbitrap Elite: this new high-field Orbitrap instrument will revolutionize proteomics research by increasing the speed and resolution of current Orbitrap technology fourfold - a quantum leap in performance.
* New Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Orbitrap: the "Quanfirmation" instrument offers the ability to identify, quantify and confirm from a single experiment across a growing number of applications, including drug metabolism and pesticide analysis.
"Our commitment to continuously invest in R&D has resulted in the groundbreaking technologies we are introducing today," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Increases in speed, resolution and accuracy never before achieved will revolutionize the way our customers conduct their work to advance life sciences, environmental protection and consumer safety. We are proud to be recognized as the leader in mass spectrometry technology, and we significantly strengthened our position today with these cutting-edge product launches."
Higher Resolution, Increased Mass Accuracy and Faster Scan Speeds
Thermo Fisher has redefined ion trap technology with the introduction of its new dual-pressure linear ion trap system. The Velos Pro(TM) mass spectrometer features significantly improved quantitative performance, faster scanning and Trap-High Energy Collision Dissociation (HCD). The new design incorporates innovations that expand performance and increase flexibility, allowing the Velos Pro instrument to be used in a variety of applications, from proteomics and drug discovery to food safety. With an exciting new front end, the Orbitrap Velos Pro(TM) hybrid mass spectrometer sets a new standard in ion trap performance. Existing LTQ Velos(TM) and LTQ Orbitrap Velos(TM) systems can be upgraded to the new Velos Pro systems, enabling customers to extend their initial investment to include the new ion trap technology.
The Orbitrap Elite(TM) hybrid mass spectrometer combines this new faster and more sensitive front end with a new high-field Orbitrap that features advanced signal processing technologies and fragmentation capability to provide customers with a mass resolution and spectral acquisition time that is four times greater than existing Orbitrap mass spectrometers. This quantum leap in resolution performance and scan speed enables researchers to address the most complex challenges in proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomicsand metabolism applications.
The Q Exactive(TM) high-performance benchtop Orbitrap LC-MS/MS is the first commercially available instrument to bring together high-performance quadrupole MS capability with the ultrahigh-resolution accurate mass Orbitrap platform. Customers can be more confident in the qualitative and quantitative results of the Q Exactive mass spectrometer than from existing quadrupole time-of-flight (Q-Tof) instruments on the market. In laboratories where researchers are performing protein identification, metabolism, forensic toxicology and food safety analyses, "Quanfirmation" makes it possible to identify, quantify and confirm in one experiment - significantly improving productivity and creating a more efficient workflow.
Expanding Capabilities for Stand-Alone Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
Thermo Fisher announced in mid-May the completion of its acquisition of Dionex Corporation, which establishes a new chromatography powerhouse with instruments, consumables and software for a range of high-growth applications. At ASMS, the company is further expanding its leading liquid chromatography (LC) and gas chromatography (GC) offerings by launching two new products.
The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system is designed to offer best-in-class selectivity, analytical performance and productivity for a wide range of GC-MS applications, including environmental, food safety, forensics, metabolomics and pharmaceutical.
The Thermo Scientific EASY-nLC 1000, the newest addition to the EASY-nLC family of nano-LC products, offers ultrahigh-pressure liquid chromatography (UHPLC) performance that shortens analytical cycles and provides seamless integration with the complete range of Thermo Scientific MS systems for instant, trouble-free operation.
Visit Thermo Scientific Booth 110 and Dionex Booth 124 to see the exceptional lineup of new products, including mass spectrometry and chromatography instruments, consumables and software, and also view the complete line of new instruments in the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Hyatt Regency, Centennial Ballroom D.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
The following constitutes a "Safe Harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements are set forth in Thermo Fisher's most recent quarterly report, under the caption "Risk Factors", which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available on Thermo Fisher's website. Additional important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties relating to: the need to develop new products and adapt to significant technological change; implementation of strategies for improving growth; general worldwide economic conditions including economic conditions and related uncertainties; dependence on customers' capital spending policies and government funding policies; the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on international operations; the effect of healthcare reform legislation; use and protection of intellectual property; the effect of changes in governmental regulations; and the effect of laws and regulations governing government contracts. While we may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so, even if estimates change and, therefore, you should not rely on these forward-looking statements as representing our views as of any date subsequent to today.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]