Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/31/08). "Press Release: ToxSpec Analyzer LC-MS Solution for Toxicology Screening". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces ToxSpec Analyzer, a Complete LC-MS Solution for Toxicology Screening
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the launch of the Thermo Scientific ToxSpec ™ Analyzer, a complete, easy-to-use and cost-effective LC-MS solution for clinical and forensic toxicology-screening laboratories. Using an integrated system of hardware, software and methodologies, the ToxSpec Analyzer dramatically simplifies the toxicology workflow by automating the screening of drug analytes, increasing confidence of identification and enabling even a novice user to generate reliable results.
"The ToxSpec Analyzer is another example of Thermo Fisher taking high-performance technology that has been limited to the research lab and making it accessible to applied markets as a complete, turnkey solution," said Jeff Zonderman, director, Thermo Fisher Scientific life science mass spectrometry clinical and toxicology markets. "Even if your lab has never used LC/MS/MS, this solution is designed to make it easy for you to get up and running. The ToxSpec Analyzer provides industry-leading instrumentation for higher sensitivity and specificity, ready-to-use software and methodologies and an extremely competitive price point. Bio-Rad's REMEDi is a great example of a drug screening application that this solution very nicely replaces."
The ToxSpec Analyzer includes a tested screening workflow methodology that covers every step of screening from sample preparation to analysis, data processing and reporting. The ToxSpec Analyzer CD includes:
* SPE sample preparation method
* LC-MS data acquisition method
* Compound library
* ToxID software configuration
* List of recommended consumables
Robert D. Johnson, Ph.D., a research chemist with the Federal Aviation Administration Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, has been successfully using the ToxID 1.0 software, which is part of the ToxSpec Analyzer product, for the past eight months for general unknown screening.
"ThermoFisher Scientific's ToxID software is well designed, user friendly, and has made our laboratories goal of performing general unknown screening by LC/MS obtainable," said Dr. Johnson.
Every aspect of the ToxSpec Analyzer has been designed to ensure maximum ease-of-use and flexibility. The ToxID software requires only an initial configuration; it then integrates behind the scenes and is automatically implemented by the data acquisition software for compound identification and report generation. The ToxID software can generate summary and data review reports in PDF format as well as Excel reports, depending on lab needs.
Although it is simple to operate, the ToxSpec Analyzer meets the most exacting lab performance standards. Thermo Fisher Scientific qualified the screening application in a urine matrix for all compounds in the spectra library and the list of analytes with confirmed detection limits is included.
Using the ToxSpec Analyzer LC-MS approach to toxicology screening also provides researchers with more flexibility than traditional approaches. With the ToxSpec Analyzer, researchers can add new compounds to the application as needed, a huge benefit as new drugs are discovered.
For more information on the Thermo Scientific ToxSpec Analyzer, as well as other Thermo Scientific products, please call +1 800-532-4752.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]