Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/7/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Launches New GC-MS/MS Instrument for Superior Selectivity and Sensitivity at ASMS 2011". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS system|
|Product 2||ASMS 2011 Denver|
|Person||Silcock, Paul (Thermo Fisher 201106 GC-MS/MS Product Manager)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the launch of its new triple quadrupole gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS) system designed to offer best-in-class selectivity, analytical performance and productivity. The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra delivers the increased matrix selectivity needed for challenging applications that require lower levels of quantitation in extremely complex matrix extracts. With its exceptional sensitivity, easy detection and reliable peak integration, the system provides superior performance for the most difficult of matrix challenges. The TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra can be seen at the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Hyatt Regency in Centennial Ballroom D during the 59th Annual ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, from June 5-9 in Denver.
The TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra is designed to offer best-in-class selectivity and precision for a wide range of GC-MS applications, including environmental, food safety, forensics, metabolomics and pharmaceutical. The new DuraBrite IRIS technology offers greater sensitivity, extended maintenance cycles and high routine matrix robustness so scientists can analyze more samples and increase productivity. The highly inert and exchangeable ion volumes reduce maintenance time to minutes without any venting of the vacuum system. In addition, the HyperQuad technology used in the TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra delivers ultra selective reaction monitoring (U-SRM) for higher detection with notably more selective SRM.
The highly selective GC-MS/MS instrument is suited for demanding analytical tasks performed in industrial, governmental control, academic and contract laboratories. The system is especially beneficial for the low-level analysis of highly chlorinated compounds such as persistent organic pollutants (POPs). A recent change in EU directives for dioxin/dl-PCB confirmation is expected to have a strong impact on the international food analysis market for POPs, creating a requirement for increased matrix selectivity for routine screening at the regulated low levels. The increased resolution offered by the new TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra is designed to enable users to conduct more precise and reliable POPs analyses to meet the latest EU criteria.
The TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra features quantitation-enhanced data-dependent (QED) MS/MS, enabling simultaneous quantitation and structural confirmation. Due to its high-speed data acquisition, the instrument provides fast GC runs for multi-component analysis, allowing analysts to run more samples simultaneously. The instrument is equipped with user-friendly Thermo Scientific QuanLab workflow software with custom reporting tools that can be easily tailored to the requirements of a specific project.
"The TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra is the gold standard in GC-MS/MS and is set to become the high-performance flagship of the Thermo Scientific GC-MS product line," said Paul Silcock, GC-MS/MS product manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The instrument offers a step-up in SRM selectivity for GC-MS/MS users faced with the most challenging analytical tasks in the most difficult of sample matrices. We are confident that after this new launch at ASMS 2011 it will quickly become the leading GC triple quadrupole platform in routine and research applications."
For more information about the TSQ Quantum XLS Ultra as well as other new Thermo Scientific products, please visit the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Hyatt Regency in Centennial Ballroom D. Alternatively, please call (866) 463-6522, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermoscientific.com/xlsultra.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]