Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/28/08). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific’s New TSQ Vantage LC-MS/MS Delivers Highest Sensitivity – Up to 10 Times more than Existing Systems". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Vantage LC/MS system|
|Product 2||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
TSQ Vantage increases sensitivity without increasing noise for better reproducibility, accuracy, and precision in quantitative analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it will launch of the Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage™ at ASMS 2008. A new LC-MS/MS system that delivers up to 10 times more sensitivity than any other triple quadrupole instrument on the market, it does not produce a commensurate increase in noise. New technical breakthroughs have given the TSQ Vantage unmatched signal-to-noise performance, providing better reproducibility and precision in the quantitative analysis of small molecules, biomolecules and peptides.
Sensitivity Gain with TSQ Vantage
"The TSQ Vantage has delivered the highest sensitivity in the industry and we've done it without increasing the noise," said Rohan Thakur, Ph.D., marketing director, Small Molecule Solutions, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "This new system enables scientists working with small molecules, biomolecules or peptides to detect compounds at ultra low-quantitation levels and to do so reproducibly with great precision; doing anything less risks data integrity and potentially an entire drug study. The Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage offers a huge competitive advantage for companies working to successfully move next-generation compounds, such as biosimilars, through regulatory review quickly and reliably."
Many LC-MS/MS systems today claim high sensitivity, but can only deliver on that promise by sacrificing precision, specificity and reproducibility because of high chemical noise levels. The TSQ Vantage offers up to 10 times the signal-to-noise ratio (see figure) when compared to the TSQ Quantum™ series and far exceeds any other triple quadrupole instruments in the field. The instrument's exceptional performance is due to major technical innovations in ionization efficiency and ion transmission.
The Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage's new S-Lens ion optics system uses a novel electrostatic field technology to capture virtually every ion and efficiently transfer it into the HyperQuadTM quadrupole mass analyzer. The S-Lens design is a significant advance over high-pressure, skimmer-based ion source designs, as it eliminates mass discrimination and lowers the gas load on the expensive turbo-molecular pumps. This innovation keeps the ion optical path cleaner, longer, while maintaining sensitivity.
For more information on the TSQ Vantage, as well as other Thermo Scientific products, please visit the Thermo Scientific booth 41 at the 56th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, in Denver, June 1-5. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call +1 800-532-4752 or visit www.thermo.com/tsqvantage.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]