Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/14/13). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Intuitive Database Software for Lab Samples. Thermo Scientific VisionTracker Delivers Efficient, Secure Sample Organization and Tracking". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||VisionTracker™ sample management s/w|
|Product 2||SLAS2013 Orlando|
|Person||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today introduced the new Thermo Scientific VisionTracker database software for more accurate and efficient management, tracking and retrieval of laboratory samples. VisionTracker™ will be showcased this week at Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) 2013, Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center, January 12-16, 2013, Booth #807.
VisionTracker software provides a robust and secure database to organize and track sample information and storage location. The VisionTracker database has an intuitive graphical interface and comes pre-loaded with Thermo Scientific Cryo and 2D barcoded Storage Tubes and Boxes, as well as Thermo Scientific freezers, allowing quick and easy integration into any storage workflow or laboratory environment. In addition, VisionTracker is ideal for use with Thermo Scientific VisionMate 2D barcode readers to simplify management and tracking of barcoded samples.
"Managing lab samples is a growing concern for many labs today. Yet, some laboratories still rely on labor-intensive and error-prone practices of using notebooks or spreadsheets to track sample removal, aliquoting and locations as they move samples in and out of their freezers," said Kiara Biagioni, product manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "VisionTracker software eliminates the need for manual data logging, while reducing the risk of errors and improving operational efficiency. Setup is quick and easy, and users can be confident that their samples are being accurately tracked."
Featuring an intuitive interface, VisionTracker software enables easy searches including sample addition, mother-to-daughter aliquoting and sample disposition. Additional security features include audit trails of all sample data with a date/time stamp as well as password-protected access control. Existing sample data can also be easily imported from external sources, such as .xml or .txt files and backed up to local or networked locations.
For more information on VisionTracker and the complete portfolio of Thermo Scientific sample storage products, visit www.thermoscientific.com/visiontracker.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:
Niki Franklin, 617-624-3223
Secondary Contact Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, 508-482-7013
Director, Public Relations
Thermo Fisher Scientific
81 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02454
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]