Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/8/09). "Press Release: Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos LC-MS – Instrument Business Outlook’s ASMS »Product of the Show«. The »Product of the Show« Accolade Honors the Most Innovative Product at ASMS each Year".
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||LTQ Velos™ ion trap LC-MS system|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
The Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos™ ion trap LC-MS system has been selected by Instrument Business Outlook as the publication's Product of the Show from the American Society of Mass Spectometry (ASMS) 2009 meeting. The Product of the Show accolade honors the most innovative product at ASMS each year.
The Instrument Business Outlook editors selected the recently launched LTQ Velos due to its innovative design and unique benefits for mass spectrometry analyses. The LTQ Velos features a new dual-pressure trap and advanced ion optics, making it the world's fastest and most sensitive ion trap mass spectrometer. The unique dual-pressure trap technology includes two discrete pressure regions that allow the decoupling of ion manipulation and detection. This enables the use of optimal pressures during analysis, increasing both scan speed and resolution. The outstanding data quality and sensitivity of the LTQ Velos make it ideal for the analysis of complex mixtures, such as the identification of low level proteins and structural elucidation of metabolites in biological matrices.
"We are extremely honored to receive this accolade, which is a significant achievement given the scope of new products being showcased at ASMS," said August Specht, ion trap product marketing manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The LTQ Velos is the latest in a line of world-class mass spectrometry solutions from Thermo Fisher Scientific, and this honor recognizes our commitment to providing high-performance products to fulfill market needs."
For proteomics applications, the LTQ Velos offers improvements in speed and sensitivity, providing greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures and increasing the confidence of protein identification at low sample levels. The multiple fragmentation techniques available on the LTQ Velos enable more confident sequence assignment and post-translational modification (PTM) identification. Faster scan rates also reduce cycle times by up to 50 percent, doubling the number of proteins and peptides identified.
For metabolism applications, the dual-pressure trap technology increases fragmentation efficiencies, resulting in faster, more confident structural elucidation. The improved speed and sensitivity combines with MSn capabilities, maximizing throughput while maintaining the superior data quality required for the identification and quantitation of multiple co-eluting compounds.
For more information on the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos ion trap LC/MS, please call 1-800-532-4752, email email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/velos.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]