Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/23/08). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Matrix Science Announce an Integrated Solution for Superior Protein Identification". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Matrix Science Ltd.|
|Group||Matrix Science (Group)|
|Product 2||Mascot search engine|
|Index term||Thermo Fisher–Matrix Science: Mascot s/w, 200801 collab integration of Mascot search engine in BioWorks s/w|
|Person||Cottrell, John (Matrix Science 200604 CEO)|
|Person 2||Hühmer, Andreas (Thermo Fisher 200809 Proteomics Marketing Director)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the integration of Matrix Science's Mascot search engine for protein identification with its BioWorks software. The SEQUEST search algorithm from the University of Washington, (a component of BioWorks software) and Mascot are the two most widely accepted search engines in the field for protein identification and PTM characterization.
This integration will enable users to consolidate identification results from the two search engines and cross-validate the results, taking advantage of the complementary information provided by each. Studies have shown that different search engines match different spectra, resulting in a large overlap and some unique protein identifications for each. Including both search engines in the same software platform provides a new level of confidence in protein identification. The new integration of SEQUEST and Mascot within the Thermo Scientific BioWorks platform enables the kind of flexibility in mass spectrometry data interrogation that customers are looking for.
John Cottrell of Matrix Science stated, "We are delighted that Thermo Fisher Scientific will enable its customers to purchase Mascot as part of a complete instrument and software platform". In addition, Andreas Hühmer, proteomics marketing director at Thermo Fisher Scientific said, "It's all about flexibility for our customers - we want to give customers who have already chosen superior instrumentation the choice to analyze their data with the search engine they prefer, or to increase their protein coverage by combining the results from both." Integration of Mascot provides users with comprehensive tools for data processing, protein identification, quantitation and characterization.
For more information about Mascot, visit www.matrixscience.com. For more information about BioWorks, visit www.thermo.com/bioworks.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
2008 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. All rights reserved. Mascot is a trademark of Matrix Science Ltd. SEQUEST is a registered trademark of the University of Washington. All other trademarks are the property of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and its subsidiaries.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With an annual revenue rate of more than $9 billion, we employ 30,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
About Matrix Science
Matrix Science develops and markets bioinformatics products and services for mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Mass spectrometry has become established as the method of choice for protein analysis, providing levels of speed and sensitivity that cannot be matched by other techniques. Mascot, Matrix Science's lead software package, searches mass spectrometry data against molecular sequence databases to identify the constituent proteins and characterize post-translational modifications. The search procedure is computationally intensive, requiring complex statistical calculations to be performed rapidly while streaming through large protein and nucleic acid sequence databases. The company is based in London, UK, and has offices in Philadelphia, PA and Tokyo, Japan.
For further press information please contact: Laura Browne, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. CW4 8AA United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539539 Fax: +44 1606 1477 539540 E-mail: email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]