Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Mettler Toledo Introduce Integrated Titration/Ion Chromatography System Designed to Streamline Water Analysis Workflow". San José, CA.
Companies combine complementary technologies into a single, integrated system that greatly simplifies analysis of drinking, surface or ground water.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, today announces a joint marketing initiative with METTLER TOLEDO for combined Titration/Ion Chromatography (IC) system designed to provide a fast, accurate and integrated solution for fully-automated water analysis for laboratories testing the quality of drinking, surface or ground water.
The new Titration/IC system features a single software package that integrates a METTLER TOLEDO Excellence titrator with liquid handler and two IC systems into a system that generates unified reports. Single point instrument control and data reporting reduces operating complexity, which can reduce costs compared to operating the workflow as separate analytical systems. Samples are handled only once and results are reported automatically in a single report. IC analysis is performed simultaneously with titration for a completed analysis in as quickly as 20 minutes.
"The system provides many customer advantages," said Bernard Sheldon, ion chromatography product manager for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Use of Thermo Scientific Chromeleon software provides the analyst with a single point of control and unified reports. The combined system approach eliminates the need to run two independent systems and collate data and cross-calculate required results."
Titration/IC provides accurate determination of sample pH, conductivity and total alkalinity along with IC analysis of standard anions (F-, Cl-, NO2-, Br-, NO3-, PO43-, SO42-) and standard cations (Na+, NH4+, K+, Mg2+, Ca2+) . IC contributes to the determination of total hardness (based on Mg2+ and Ca2+ amounts), while carbonate hardness is determined by titration (calculated from total alkalinity). The total ion balance is then calculated from ion concentrations determined by IC and bicarbonate concentration (total alkalinity) provided by titration. Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon software integrates instrument control and processes results into a single convenient report, providing the customer with streamlined laboratory operations and simplified data reporting.
The fully automated system measures sample conductivity and determines an appropriate sample injection volume for ion chromatography analysis. Automated standards dilution, implemented using the capability of the METTLER TOLEDO Liquid Handler, removes the need for manual standards dilutions. These features reduce operator time for preparation of standards and re-analysis of samples.
For more information about the new combined Titration/IC system, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/titrationIC .
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
355 River Oaks Parkway
San Jose, CA
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]