Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Mettler Toledo Introduce Integrated Titration/Ion Chromatography System Designed to Streamline Water Analysis Workflow". San José, CA.
Companies combine complementary technologies into a single, integrated system that greatly simplifies analysis of drinking, surface or ground water.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, today announces a joint marketing initiative with METTLER TOLEDO for combined Titration/Ion Chromatography (IC) system designed to provide a fast, accurate and integrated solution for fully-automated water analysis for laboratories testing the quality of drinking, surface or ground water.
The new Titration/IC system features a single software package that integrates a METTLER TOLEDO Excellence titrator with liquid handler and two IC systems into a system that generates unified reports. Single point instrument control and data reporting reduces operating complexity, which can reduce costs compared to operating the workflow as separate analytical systems. Samples are handled only once and results are reported automatically in a single report. IC analysis is performed simultaneously with titration for a completed analysis in as quickly as 20 minutes.
"The system provides many customer advantages," said Bernard Sheldon, ion chromatography product manager for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Use of Thermo Scientific Chromeleon software provides the analyst with a single point of control and unified reports. The combined system approach eliminates the need to run two independent systems and collate data and cross-calculate required results."
Titration/IC provides accurate determination of sample pH, conductivity and total alkalinity along with IC analysis of standard anions (F-, Cl-, NO2-, Br-, NO3-, PO43-, SO42-) and standard cations (Na+, NH4+, K+, Mg2+, Ca2+) . IC contributes to the determination of total hardness (based on Mg2+ and Ca2+ amounts), while carbonate hardness is determined by titration (calculated from total alkalinity). The total ion balance is then calculated from ion concentrations determined by IC and bicarbonate concentration (total alkalinity) provided by titration. Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon software integrates instrument control and processes results into a single convenient report, providing the customer with streamlined laboratory operations and simplified data reporting.
The fully automated system measures sample conductivity and determines an appropriate sample injection volume for ion chromatography analysis. Automated standards dilution, implemented using the capability of the METTLER TOLEDO Liquid Handler, removes the need for manual standards dilutions. These features reduce operator time for preparation of standards and re-analysis of samples.
For more information about the new combined Titration/IC system, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/titrationIC .
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
355 River Oaks Parkway
San Jose, CA
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]