Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||BioStrata Ltd.|
|Product||KingFisher® Presto automated sample purification system|
|Person||Mercier, Ray (Thermo Fisher 201609 VP + General Manager Liquid Handling Consumables)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto automated sample purification system isolates nucleic acids and proteins for high-throughput labs
A new sample purification system automates the isolation of target nucleic acids and proteins for biopharma, biotech and research projects in high-throughput laboratories.
The Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto sample purification system will debut at MipTec 2016, the International Life Science Exhibition, within booth C40 in Basel, Switzerland.
The Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto system is designed to be part of an automated workflow using a liquid handler with a gripper or robot arm to purify samples with volumes from 50µL to 5mL. The instrument’s small footprint allows for easy connection to several liquid handling instruments in either a side-by-side or on-deck configuration, allowing flexible selection of platform and use for a wide variety of applications.
Stackable, polypropylene KingFisher plates and tip combs are designed to be placed by a robotic arm and suitable for many biological applications, including projects that require a sterile environment.
“Built for high-throughput, highly automated labs requiring a robust, easy to use solution, the KingFisher Presto system provides reliable purification of DNA, RNA and proteins,” said Ray Mercier, vice president and general manager of liquid handling consumables at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “An extension of trusted KingFisher technology, the system uses magnetic particle technology to integrate seamlessly into a variety of workflows, which greatly reduces hands-on time – saving lab resources and money.”
The KingFisher Presto automated sample purification system allows users to choose between 24- and 96- head magnets, depending on the volume and throughput requirements.
Thermo Scientific BindIT software accompanies the KingFisher Presto system for protocol development, allowing users to create and modify their protocols and import Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems nucleic acid and protein purification kits.
For more information about the KingFisher Presto sample purification system, please visit thermofisher.com/kingfisherpresto.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion, and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Lisa Robillard, +1 781-790-7324
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-11-01
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]