Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||BioStrata Ltd.|
|Product||KingFisher® Presto automated sample purification system|
|Person||Mercier, Ray (Thermo Fisher 201609 VP + General Manager Liquid Handling Consumables)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto automated sample purification system isolates nucleic acids and proteins for high-throughput labs
A new sample purification system automates the isolation of target nucleic acids and proteins for biopharma, biotech and research projects in high-throughput laboratories.
The Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto sample purification system will debut at MipTec 2016, the International Life Science Exhibition, within booth C40 in Basel, Switzerland.
The Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto system is designed to be part of an automated workflow using a liquid handler with a gripper or robot arm to purify samples with volumes from 50µL to 5mL. The instrument’s small footprint allows for easy connection to several liquid handling instruments in either a side-by-side or on-deck configuration, allowing flexible selection of platform and use for a wide variety of applications.
Stackable, polypropylene KingFisher plates and tip combs are designed to be placed by a robotic arm and suitable for many biological applications, including projects that require a sterile environment.
“Built for high-throughput, highly automated labs requiring a robust, easy to use solution, the KingFisher Presto system provides reliable purification of DNA, RNA and proteins,” said Ray Mercier, vice president and general manager of liquid handling consumables at Thermo Fisher Scientific. “An extension of trusted KingFisher technology, the system uses magnetic particle technology to integrate seamlessly into a variety of workflows, which greatly reduces hands-on time – saving lab resources and money.”
The KingFisher Presto automated sample purification system allows users to choose between 24- and 96- head magnets, depending on the volume and throughput requirements.
Thermo Scientific BindIT software accompanies the KingFisher Presto system for protocol development, allowing users to create and modify their protocols and import Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems nucleic acid and protein purification kits.
For more information about the KingFisher Presto sample purification system, please visit thermofisher.com/kingfisherpresto.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion, and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Lisa Robillard, +1 781-790-7324
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-11-01
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Global Headquarters". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]