Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/4/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Wins R&D 100 Award for New FT-IR Microscope. Top Industry Recognition Underscores Company’s Leadership in Molecular Spectroscopy". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Nicolet™ iN10™ MX FT-IR microscope|
|Product 2||Nicolet™ iS10 FT-IR spectrometer|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that its newest FT-IR (Fourier-transform infrared) microscope was named a 2009 R&D 100 winner, a recognition given to the most technologically significant products of the year by R&D Magazine. Praised for its speed, accuracy, simplicity and system integration, the award-winning Thermo Scientific Nicolet iN10 MX microscope improves process monitoring for customers working in analytical services, materials science and academic laboratories.
The Thermo Scientific Nicolet iN10 MX can analyze much smaller samples than conventional infrared microscopes and can also create chemical maps significantly faster than existing technologies. In addition, it automates complicated sampling and analytical procedures, eliminating the need for specialized operator training. Finally, the new FT-IR microscope does not require an external infrared spectrometer, incorporating all optics into the system to improve sampling and reduce bench space. The iN10 MX builds on the exceptional capabilities of the company's Thermo Scientific Nicolet iS10 FT-IR spectrometer which, as an integrated system, greatly simplifies analysis and the interpretation of data to make FT-IR available to customers with different levels of technical expertise.
"The R&D 100 is a well-respected technology award and we're honored to receive this validation for our ongoing innovation in molecular spectroscopy," said Dr. Ian D. Jardine, vice president of global R&D for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Whether it's through more powerful tools for life sciences research, improved food safety testing or better air quality monitoring, we're committed to developing breakthrough technologies that enable our customers to achieve their goals."
The R&D 100 award winners are chosen by an independent judging panel and the editors of R&D Magazine. For more information about the winning innovations and award criteria, please visit www.rdmag.com. More information about the Thermo Scientific Nicolet iN10 MX FT-IR microscope can be found at www.thermo.com/ftir.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Karen Kirkwood, 781-622-1306
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1111
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]