Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Hamilton Bonaduz AG to Accelerate Automation Platforms Access for Forensic Customers". South San Francisco, CA & Bonaduz.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, and Hamilton Bonaduz AG, a leading provider in the design and manufacture of manual and automated liquid handling, process measurement, and storage solutions, have signed a strategic agreement to provide human identification customers with fully automated platforms and reagents to eliminate potential manual errors and increase productivity in the lab.
Under the terms of a non-exclusive agreement, Thermo Fisher is now able to directly offer Hamilton automation instruments and consumables to its customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and China. Each platform has been optimized for the Applied Biosystems family of products used by forensic laboratories during every step of the forensic workflow. According to Ravi Gupta, director of product management for human identification at Thermo Fisher, implementation of advanced solutions that automate processes in the lab help drive confidence in results, increase throughput and free up valuable time among technicians.
“We are extremely proud to take our long standing relationship with Thermo Fisher to the next level with this distribution agreement,” said Jörg Pochert, Vice President Life Science Robotics at Hamilton Bonaduz. “Having one point of contact it is now easier than ever for users of the Applied Biosystems chemistry to have complete confidence in their results by leveraging Hamilton’s liquid handling systems with state-of-the-art security. Complete sample tracking and outstanding pipetting security ensure maximum process safety and robustness.”
Hamilton instruments now available through Thermo Fisher include: the ID STARlet Extraction system, which automates the DNA extraction process from forensic samples using Applied Biosystems PrepFiler kits, ID STARlet PCR system, a standard solution designed to automate Applied Biosystems quantification and PCR amplification kits; and ID STARlet Complete, which automates Applied Biosystems DNA extraction, quantification and PCR amplification kits.
Other platforms include: the Hamilton ID Express 2 and 4 CE Setup instrument, which eliminates manual pipetting steps to automatically help set up fragment analysis experiments on the capillary electrophoresis (CE) instruments; and the AutoLys STAR 4x4 for sample lysis and DNA purification, the only available hands-free automation solution for lysis and DNA extraction from dried blood and saliva stains, swabs, paper punches, cigarette butts, hard tissues and other forensic specimens residing on solid surfaces.
“Time and confidence in the data generated in forensic laboratories are of the essence. Our ability to now offer our customers direct access to Hamilton’s sophisticated automation platforms, in combination with our Applied Biosystems chemistry, will facilitate an expedited lab set up through a complete suite of trusted solutions at each step of the forensic workflow,” said Rosy Lee, vice president and general manager for human identification at Thermo Fisher.
About Hamilton Robotics
Hamilton Robotics, an affiliate of Hamilton Company, is a leading global manufacturer providing automated liquid handling workstations and laboratory automation technology to the scientific community. With a focus on innovative design, Hamilton products incorporate patented liquid handling technologies, and our portfolio includes liquid handling platforms, standard application-based solutions, small devices, consumables, and OEM liquid handling solutions. Known for advancing life science, clinical diagnostics, forensics and biotechnology industries, our products offer reliability, performance, and flexibility. Ensuring a continuous commitment to quality, Hamilton utilizes state-of-the-art manufacturing at production facilities in Reno, Nevada and Bonaduz, Switzerland, and has earned a global ISO 9001 certification. Privately held, Hamilton maintains headquarters in Reno, Nevada; Franklin, Massachusetts; and Bonaduz, Switzerland, along with subsidiary offices throughout the world. www.hamiltoncompany.com/robotics
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mauricio Minotta, +1 760-929-2456
Hamilton Bonaduz AG
Dr. Jörg Katzenberger, + 49 89 2488 04 119
Record changed: 2016-09-14
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]