Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/18/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Expands Presence in China with New Technology Center in Shanghai. Local Engineering and Development Targets Technology Innovation to Needs of Customers in China". Waltham,
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific China Technology Center, Shanghai|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Demonstration Laboratory, Shanghai|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||reagents (bio/biochemical)|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced it has opened a Technology Center in Shanghai, building on its engineering and development capabilities to meet the specific needs of customers in China. The Center houses engineers and support staff focused on developing a robust product pipeline to serve China-based customers across a range of industries, in particular, life sciences, environmental monitoring and consumer product safety.
"Thermo Fisher is committed to serving its customers in China with products, services and support that meet the local demands of this important growth market," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The China Technology Center is another step in our ongoing investment to expand our operations there and leverage our depth of capabilities to develop and manufacture products in China for China."
The China Technology Center, along with a new demonstration center opening this month in Beijing, is part of Thermo Fisher's continuing strategy to align with the leading educational, industrial and commercial initiatives in the region. The company first entered the China market 30 years ago and began to establish an extensive manufacturing footprint shortly thereafter.
In 2005, Thermo Fisher accelerated its activities in China, opening a demonstration laboratory in Shanghai. It has since introduced a Chinese version of its industry-leading Fisher Scientific catalog and established the headquarters for its Environmental Instruments business in the country. In 2008, Thermo Fisher was recognized by China Enterprise News for its significant manufacturing presence in China, and shortly thereafter, was named by a national business publication one of the "Top 10 Fastest Growth Companies in China." The company further expanded its presence this year by beginning local manufacturing of laboratory products necessary to support the nation's growing life sciences industry.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]