Document › Details
Thermo Electron Corporation. (11/29/05). "Press Release: Thermo Electron Opens Indian Demonstration Center in Mumbai. New Customer Demonstration Center and Training Facilities Offer Regional Customers Direct Access to Laboratory and Process Technology".
|Organisation||Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO)|
|Today||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometer|
|Person||Dekkers, Marijn E. (Bayer 201001–201612 CEO before Thermo Fisher CEO TO LEAVE Bayer 12/16)|
Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in analytical instruments, today announced the opening of a new customer demonstration laboratory in Mumbai, India, to serve local pharmaceutical, petroleum/petrochemical, automobile, environmental and agricultural market sectors. The new site will be equipped with state-of-the-art customer demonstration and training facilities, offering customers in this region hands-on experience with Thermo's laboratory and manufacturing process solutions.
The Mumbai demonstration center will house laboratory and life sciences solutions, including ion trap and triple quadrupole mass spectrometers, centrifuges, incubators and microplate instruments, along with several process instruments. Customers visiting the facility will have the opportunity to receive training on these solutions, and will be able to analyze samples before making purchase decisions.
"As the leading instruments company and premier supplier to the lab, we are committed to expanding our presence where science and industry are moving forward. Building Thermo's capabilities throughout India and across Asia is a logical and important part of this growth strategy," Marijn Dekkers, president and CEO of Thermo Electron, said. "India and the surrounding regions represent a major market for laboratory and process instrumentation, and therefore, a tremendous opportunity for long-term growth and expansion for Thermo."
Thermo started its direct operations in India eight years ago to serve its customers in this region. In addition to Mumbai, Thermo also operates out of locations in New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Chennai.
The new facility in Mumbai is one of three major centers Thermo has opened over the past two years. Earlier this month, Thermo opened a 43,000 square foot customer service and demonstration laboratory center in Shanghai, China. In December of 2004, Thermo announced the expansion of its manufacturing operations in China with the introduction of a new 90,000 square foot facility that increased manufacturing capacity in Shanghai by more than four times. This facility now serves as a center for Asian operations, and is becoming a
central point for supply chain management and logistics for Thermo worldwide.
About Thermo Electron Corporation
Thermo Electron Corporation is the world leader in analytical instruments. Our instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. Thermo's Life and Laboratory Sciences segment provides analytical instruments, scientific equipment, services and software solutions for life science, drug discovery, clinical, environmental and industrial laboratories. Thermo's Measurement and Control segment is dedicated to providing analytical instruments used in a variety of manufacturing processes and in-the-field applications, including those associated with safety and homeland security. Based near Boston, Massachusetts, Thermo has revenues of approximately $2.7 billion, and employs approximately 11,000 people in 30 countries. For more information, visit http://www.thermo.com.
The following constitutes a "Safe Harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements are set forth under the heading "Forward-Looking Statements" in the company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q
for the fiscal quarter ended July 2, 2005. These include risks and uncertainties relating to: the need to develop new products and adapt to significant technological change; dependence on customers that operate in cyclical industries; general worldwide economic conditions and related uncertainties; the effect of changes in governmental regulations; dependence
on customers' capital spending policies and government funding policies; use and protection of intellectual property; exposure to product liability claims in excess of insurance coverage; retention of contingent liabilities from businesses we sold; realization of potential future savings from new productivity initiatives; implementation of our branding strategy;
implementation of strategies for improving internal growth; the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on international operations; identification, completion and integration of new acquisitions and potential impairment of goodwill from previous acquisitions. We undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Media Contact Information: Investor Contact Information:
Lori Gorski Kenneth J. Apicerno
Phone: 781-622-1242 Phone: 781-622-1111
E-mail: email@example.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]