Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/11/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Demonstration Center in South Korea. Expanded Presence Accelerates Growth Strategy in Emerging Markets". Waltham, MA.
|Country||Korea, Republic of|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Demonstration Laboratory, Seoul|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Demonstration Laboratory, Shanghai|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Q Exactive™ quadrupole-Orbitrap LC-MS/MS|
|Product 2||ion exchange chromatography (ion chromatography)|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced it has opened a new demonstration laboratory and training center in Seoul, South Korea. The facility, which will showcase the company's industry-leading offering of analytical instrumentation, software and consumables, strengthens Thermo Fisher's foothold in this important emerging market.
"Expansion in emerging markets is a key component of our company growth strategy, and this new demonstration center is an important milestone in our plan to establish a more direct presence in South Korea, which is a large and growing market for us," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher. "As we've done in other emerging markets, such as China and India, we believe it's critical to showcase our depth of capabilities to our local customers. This new center gives us the opportunity to demonstrate how our comprehensive offering can be applied to their healthcare, environmental and industrial applications."
The new 1,800-square-foot facility will give customers hands-on access to Thermo Fisher's state-of-the-art analytical instruments, including the new Thermo Scientific Q Exactive mass spectrometry and Dionex ion chromatography systems, as well as a range of laboratory equipment and related consumables.
Thermo Fisher currently has nearly 100 employees at its two facilities in Seoul.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]