Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/15/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Manufacturing Facility in China". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific, Suzhou manufacturing plant|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Casper, Marc N. (Thermo Fisher 200910– CEO before 200805– COO joined Thermo 12/01 before Kendro CEO before Dade Behring)|
|Person 2||O’Brien, Ron (Thermo Fisher 201003 Director Public Relations)|
Expands Global Footprint, Local Production Capabilities to Address Increased Demand from Life Sciences Customers in China and Asia-Pacific Region
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced the official opening of its new facility in Suzhou, China, for the manufacturing of life sciences consumables and equipment. The facility expands the company's global manufacturing footprint and establishes local production capabilities to meet increased customer demand in China and other Asia-Pacific markets.
Since entering the Chinese market 30 years ago, Thermo Fisher Scientific has established a strong research and development, manufacturing and commercial infrastructure in China, becoming one of the largest companies serving the life sciences market in the region. Most recently, Thermo Fisher has invested nearly $20 million in the 12,000-square-meter Suzhou plant, which will house more than 150 employees and has room for expansion. From this geographically central location, the new facility will primarily serve the life sciences and pharmaceutical industries, including research, diagnostics and bioproduction, as well as customers in the chemical, environmental and electronics industries.
In Suzhou, Thermo Fisher will manufacture plastic labware and consumables, including sample preparation products and filterware, as well as laboratory refrigerators, freezers, incubators and centrifuges. To ensure an environmentally friendly and safe work environment, the new facility will follow the best global and local manufacturing practices, including ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO13485 standards.
"China is one of our fastest-growing markets and has been a key contributor to our success," said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The Suzhou facility builds on our well-established presence in China and is an important next step as we closely align our depth of capabilities with China's five-year plan to develop strategic industries, including pharmaceutical, healthcare and environmental."
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]