Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Start-to-Finish Workflows Designed to Increase Productivity for Pesticide Residue Testing". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||Pesticide Explorer Collection (Thermo Scientific)|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Ghosh, Dipankar (Thermo Fisher 201506 Director Marketing Life Science MS)|
|Person 2||Slawinski, Kristen (Chempetitive 201506)|
Comprehensive solutions offer simplicity and accuracy for targeted and non-targeted analysis
Food monitoring and testing laboratories can streamline workflows and add new analytical capabilities for pesticide analysis using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) solutions designed to optimize start-up time, reduce costs and address evolving customer and industry demands.
The Thermo Scientific Pesticide Explorer Collection is a set of LC-MS solutions specifically tailored to fit the needs of laboratories performing routine quantitation, targeted screening and non-targeted analysis of pesticide residues in food matrices. Each solution contains all of the components needed to simplify the routine monitoring of pesticides, including a pre-configured and -tested set of consumables, hardware, software and built-in instrument and data processing methods.
The Thermo Scientific Pesticide Explorer Collection will be introduced at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140, and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
“The Pesticide Explorer Collection is designed to improve productivity of laboratories performing pesticide analysis either by triple quadrupole technology or high-resolution accurate-mass (HRAM) analysis,” said Dipankar Ghosh, director of marketing, life science mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Scientists may now access fully built methods on both platforms to perform quantitation as well as screening experiments with unprecedented speed, ease and confidence.”
Four pre-configured factory-tested solutions are available in the Pesticide Explorer Collection to meet standard and high-resolution screening and quantitation needs. Each configuration includes a liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry system, the Thermo Scientific QuEChERS sample extraction kit, HPLC columns, and proven multi-class pesticide residue analysis data acquisition and processing methods using the Thermo Scientific TraceFinder software. The software also allows laboratories to generate quantitative and qualitative reports for easy review and regulatory reporting.
For routine, targeted testing of pesticides, Thermo Scientific Pesticide Explorer Collection Standard Quantitation and Premier Quantitation packages include triple quadrupole mass spectrometers and validated workflows for quick and easy set-up and execution. For basic quantitation and robust performance, the Standard Quantitation option includes the Thermo Scientific TSQ Endura triple quadrupole MS, while the Premier Quantitation package offers higher sensitivity quantitation and performance provided by the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantiva triple quadrupole MS.
For laboratories offering specialized analytical services requiring HRAM sensitivity, the Orbitrap HRAM Quantitation and Orbitrap HRAM Screening and Quantitation packages include the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive Focus MS, which enables scientists to generate data for highly sensitive and selective quantitation as well as for in-depth screening. These packages also include a built-in HRAM Spectral Library and Compound Database designed specifically for food safety and environmental analyses using HRAM instruments.
The Orbitrap HRAM Screening and Quantitation package is a complete solution for unknown screening and identification, and also includes Thermo Scientific SIEVE software for differential analysis and Thermo Scientific Compound Discoverer software for identification of the degradents and metabolites of known target compounds.
More information on the Thermo Scientific Pesticide Explorer Collection can be found here.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, +1 508-902-7041
Kristen Slawinski, + 1-312-997-2436
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]