Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Builds on 10 Years of Discoveries Powered by Orbitrap with Product Innovations at ASMS 2015". St. Louis, MO.
|Region||St. Louis, MO|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||New Objective Inc.|
|Product||Q Exactive™ GC system|
|Product 2||ASMS 2015 St. Louis|
|Person||Shine, Dan (Thermo Fisher 201304 President of Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry Business)|
|Person 2||Goff, Marcia (Thermo Fisher 201501)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, this week is celebrating 10 years of scientific research and discoveries based on its industry-leading Orbitrap mass spectrometry technology. Orbitrap technology continues to spawn new and exciting product innovations, enabling customers in research and applied markets to advance scientific discovery and improve laboratory productivity.
The Orbitrap celebration and innovative new technologies are among the highlights at the 63rd Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference, Booth 140, and at the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel in St. Louis.
“A decade ago at ASMS, Thermo Fisher introduced Orbitrap technology to the market, creating the opportunity for a new era in proteomics,” said Dan Shine, president, chromatography and mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher. “During that time, we have continued to invest in R&D, providing more customers in a broader range of industries with access to our industry-leading mass spectrometry platform. This week, we celebrate our customers’ success in driving advanced proteomics forward into the next decade and beyond.”
Building on its legacy of innovation in mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher introduces the new Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Mass Spectrometer, the newest addition to the line of pioneering Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Tribrid mass spectrometers. Designed to expand researchers’ capabilities in advanced proteomics and metabolomics applications, including targeted, data-independent acquisition (DIA) and top-down analyses, the Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid has the industry’s highest level of sensitivity, delivering complete protein sequence coverage and allowing scientists to perform more inclusive analyses.
Also making its appearance at ASMS is the Thermo Scientific Q Exactive GC-MS/MS – the industry’s first instrument to integrate high-resolution gas chromatography (GC) and high-resolution accurate-mass (HRAM) Orbitrap mass spectrometry (MS). This new-generation system provides pharmaceutical, metabolomics, anti-doping and food safety laboratories with improved levels of productivity by combining the highest level of targeted and non-targeted detection and identification capabilities to GC-MS applications.
In response to customer requests for tools designed to manage, analyze and share the large volumes of scientific data generated in proteomics, the Thermo Fisher Cloud now supports proteomics-related data to complement existing data modules for Sanger sequencing and quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR), connecting scientists, instruments and software in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
The anniversary celebration continues with the announcement of the winners of the 2015 Thermo Scientific Tandem Mass Tag (TMT) Research Award. This award recognizes excellence in proteomics and includes TMT reagents valued at $5,000 and designed to streamline global expression studies using mass spectrometry.
Addressing the need for innovation in applied markets, Thermo Fisher introduces the Thermo Scientific Pesticides Explorer Collection, a set of LC-MS solutions specifically tailored to fit the needs of laboratories performing routine quantitation, targeted screening and non-targeted analysis of pesticide residues in food matrices.
For increased productivity in the lab, the new Thermo Scientific Xcalibur 4.0 software is a unified platform for acquisition and analysis of MS data. This easy-to-use software creates a convenient and organized launch platform for new or previously installed Thermo Scientific software. It also provides direct access to the Xcalibur Apps Store, easy software updates and links to the mzCloud™, Thermo Fisher Cloud and Planet Orbitrap to access spectral libraries and new MS data.
In addition to introducing innovative new products, Thermo Fisher announced that New Objective’s PicoChip™ technology is now available on select Thermo Fisher mass spectrometry platforms, broadening the low-flow separation options available to proteomics, pharmaceutical and other researchers.
Rounding out this year’s ASMS highlights are:
> Thermo Scientific SMART Digest kit, a new tool for protein digestion substantially reducing preparation times and associated errors for biopharmaceutical and protein research applications;
> Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC, offering improved performance in sample separation, throughput and ease-of-use for applications ranging from pharmaceutical QA/QC to food safety testing; and
> Fisher Chemical UHPLC-MS Optima solvents designed to address the trace analysis needs of chromatographers performing state-of-the-art UHPLC.
For more information about Thermo Fisher Scientific at ASMS 2015, please visit Booth 140, the Landmark Suite at the Renaissance Hotel, or www.thermofisher.com/news.
*mzCloud is a trademark of HighChem LLC, Slovakia. PicoChip is a trademark of New Objective, Inc.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Marcia Goff, +1 508-902-7041
Kristen Slawinski, +1 312-997-2436
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]