Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/25/11). "Press Release: New Mass Spectrometry-based Targeted Protein Quantification Approach to Be Presented at APA India 2011". San José, CA.
|Organisation||BRIMS Center (Thermo Fisher)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||Pinpoint software (Thermo Scientific)|
Amol Prakash, Ph.D., Will Discuss How a New Workflow Can Overcome Challenges Associated with Identifying Small Proteins and Large Peptides
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that Amol Prakash, a senior software scientist at the BRIMS (Biomarker Research Initiatives in Mass Spectrometry) Center, has been invited to give a talk during Applied Pharmaceutical Analysis (APA) India 2011. Mr. Prakash will present a mass spectrometry-based targeted protein quantitation approach to identify and quantify proteins, peptides and their resulting metabolites. The BRIMS Center develops comprehensive, MS-based workflows using cutting-edge Thermo Scientific products for robust biomarker discovery and clinical research validation.
Mr. Prakash will present "Identification and Quantification of In Vitro Protein Metabolites Using A Novel Mass Spectrometry Based Workflow." It will discuss how mass spectrometry-based targeted protein quantitation has assumed a primary role in identifying, verifying and quantifying biomarkers. An area of research that presents new challenges is the identification and quantification of small proteins and large peptides. The talk will outline the innovative methods currently being developed by Thermo Fisher and the BRIMS Center to counter these challenges.
Amol Prakash brings together multi-disciplinary expertise in high-throughput data mining and mass spectrometry to create powerful software. He was at the forefront of the development of Thermo Scientific Pinpoint, a targeted quantification software solution.
APA India 2011, which takes place February 6-9, 2011 at the Hyderabad International Conference Center, brings together scientists from across the world to discuss and assess the current state of research and development in the pharmaceutical industry. The "in-session" talk by Prakash on protein quantification will take place at 11:45am on Monday, 7 February during the Discovery Workshop.
For more information on Thermo Fisher Scientific's extensive line of mass spectrometers, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/ms. For more information about Pinpoint* software, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/pinpoint.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]