Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (4/12/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Provides Notice to Debenture Holders of Conversion Right and Contingent Interest Payment". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
As required under the indenture covering Apogent Technologies Inc. Floating Rate Convertible Senior Debentures due 2033 (CUSIP No. 03760AAK7), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is providing public notice to the holders of these bonds that they have the right to convert the debentures and to receive a contingent interest payment.
The debentures are convertible because Thermo Fisher stock traded above the minimum price specified in the indenture over the applicable measurement period. The debentures continue to be convertible until July 3, 2010, and may be convertible thereafter, depending on whether or not one of the conversion conditions specified in the indenture is satisfied during future measurement periods. If conversion requests are received, Thermo Fisher has the right to decide if settlement of the debentures will be paid in cash, or a combination of cash and shares of its common stock.
The contingent interest, for the current quarterly interest period ending June 15, 2010, is payable because the average trading price of these debentures was equal to 120% or more of the principal amount of the debentures for the relevant measurement period. The amount of contingent interest payable for the period is equal to 0.0625% of the average trading price of the debentures over the measurement period triggering the contingent interest payment. The contingent interest payout amount per 1,000 of principal is $1.0453.
Thermo Fisher Scientific assumed the Apogent Technologies debentures as part of its acquisition of Fisher Scientific International Inc. ("Fisher") in 2006. Fisher acquired Apogent in 2004. The Bank of New York Mellon is the trustee for the debentures. All questions relating to the mechanics of the conversion for the debentures should be directed to Leslie Lockhart at The Bank of New York Mellon, 412-236-1215.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Ron O'Brien, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1294
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]