Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/12/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Responds to Dioxin Food Safety Crisis in Germany. Detection Methods Available, Thermo Fisher Scientific Global Food Safety Response Center Monitoring Issue". Dreieich.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Food Safety Response Center, Dreieich|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC/MS system|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
|Person||Paez, Vincent (Danaher 201302 Senior Director Food + Environmental at AB Sciex)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that its Global Food Safety Response Center in Dreieich is now monitoring the dioxin crisis in Germany where animal feed additives may have been tainted with industrial fats containing the toxic chemical. Meanwhile, Thermo Fisher is also alerting manufacturers and food safety labs that it has existing methods for detecting dioxins in food and animal feed. In Germany, approximately 3,000 tons of dioxin-contaminated animal feed additives were recently released for sale.
"Our scientists are actively monitoring the food safety crisis to see what role it can play in reducing the severity of the existing crisis and helping in case of future contamination," said Vincent Paez, of the Thermo Fisher Global Food Safety Response Center. "In the meantime, we are making our methods for dioxin detection available through our website to anyone who needs them."
Dioxins, a group of toxic chemicals formed during combustion processes such as waste incineration, are known to increase the likelihood of cancer after long-term exposure. The European Commission sets maximum levels for dioxins in food and has recently required even stricter detection limits. As a result of the recent food crisis in Germany, where more than 4,500 farms were closed, the European Union officials have already called for stricter regulations and more severe penalties, putting increased pressure on food manufacturers to use more sensitive detection instrumentation.
"Through a combination of our Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC-MS/MS and Thermo Scientific DFS High Resolution GC-MS we believe we have the necessary scale and expertise to help during this and future crises," added Paez. "Our goal is to help manufacturers and labs respond today with the necessary sensitivity and accuracy required to stay ahead of the crisis and on top of the situation as it evolves."
For information on existing Thermo Fisher Scientific methods for detecting dioxin in food and animal feed: www.thermoscientific.com/fsrc. Alternatively, to speak to a dioxin and food safety analysis specialist, please call Klaus Mittendorf at +49 2771 330 333.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]