Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/19/10). "Press Release: Broad Thermo Scientific Rheology and Viscometry Portfolio Focuses on Customer Applications. From Rotational Viscometer to High-end Rheometer Platform – Flexibility and Application Needs Are First"
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, will showcase its broad rheology and viscometry portfolio at Analytica 2010 in Munich, Germany on March 23-26 in hall B1, booth 101. Thermo Scientific viscometers and rheometers have become well-established in today's labs and are used in a broad range of applications.
The Thermo Scientific HAAKE Viscotester 550 rotational viscometer precisely, quickly and simply measures the viscosity and flow behavior of liquid and semisolid test materials such as oil, paint, ceramic slurry or pasty and crèmes. The instrument is specially designed for quality control applications and can even fulfill more demanding tasks, including the determination of thixotropic behavior or yield stresses.
Also on exhibit is the modular Thermo Scientific HAAKE RheoStress 6000 rotational rheometer. Its normal force measurements, specifications and broad accessory range, including UV-curing, construction material or pressure cell, ensure the instrument can handle a wide range of applications. A new pressure cell for the HAAKE RheoStress 6000, made of Hastelloy®, now allows measurements up to 170 bar and 300 °C and can be used with the Thermo Scientific HAAKE MARS high-end rheometer as well.
Visitors can also see a demonstration of the HAAKE MARS III modular rheometer platform. With its spacious and modular design, the instrument can be easily and quickly adapted to new requirements. It features a variety of specialized and application-oriented measuring cells for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, petrochemical or polymer applications, as well as paints, inks and coatings.
With the RheoScope module, structural examinations can be performed using optical microscopy during rheological measurements. In this way, analysts can study crystal growth in crude oils ("waxing") to optimize pipeline transport or assess melting behavior of fat samples. The range of pressure cells for the HAAKE MARS has recently been supplemented by a new cell made of titanium covering 700 bar and 300 °C. A new optional camera and holder system for the rheometers enable users to observe either gap filling or measuring. Images are filed via the Thermo Scientific HAAKE RheoWin measuring and evaluation software.
Thermo Fisher offers an extensive range of accessories for the entire line of Thermo Scientific viscosimeters and rheometers to cover a wide variety of unique customer applications. More information can be found at www.thermo.com/rheology.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, one of the pioneers in rheology, successfully supports a wide range of industries with its comprehensive Thermo Scientific material characterization solutions. Material characterization solutions analyze and measure viscosity, elasticity, processability and temperature-related mechanical changes of plastics, food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and coatings, chemical or petrochemical products, plus a wide variety of liquids or solids. For more information, please visit www.thermo.com/mc.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
To view all new products announced by Thermo Fisher duirng Analytica 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/analytica10.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]