Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/24/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions". Waltham, MA.
To answer the healthcare industry’s demand for better point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. have formed a strategic collaboration. The companies will jointly design, develop and market new POC solutions in key applications, such as the detection of sepsis, drugs of abuse and therapeutic drug monitoring as well as the detection of cardiac problems and women’s health conditions.
“Samsung has developed a compelling and innovative suite of POC platforms,” said Marc Tremblay, Ph.D., president of Thermo Fisher’s clinical diagnostics business. “We look forward to working with Samsung to add some of our leading biomarkers and assays to their platforms to create a truly differentiated testing menu.”
“We are very excited to leverage Thermo Fisher Scientific’s strong commercial sales and service channels, as well as the potential to offer a broader range of tests to our customers and their patients,” said Soo-In Cho, president and head of the health & medical equipment business at Samsung. “This strategic collaboration combines the strengths of two industry leaders to accelerate POC innovation and more rapidly bring solutions to market.”
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), POC testing enables patient diagnoses in a physician’s office; an ambulance; anywhere in the field, including a home; or in a hospital. This facilitates more rapid diagnosis and treatment. In its “fact sheet,” the NIH writes: “Empowering clinicians to make decisions at the ‘point-of-care’ has the potential to significantly impact health care delivery and to address the challenges of health disparities.” (See http://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=112)
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Media Contact Information:
Mark Herberger, 510-979-5109
Secondary Media Contact:
Kathy Ruzich, 510-979-5157
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]