Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/25/16). "Press Release: Advanced Software Package Designed to Reduce Sample Analysis Time for Analytical Microscope Users". Columbus, OH.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software (Thermo Fisher)|
|Person||Fairfax, Kevin (Thermo Fisher 201607 Business Director Surface Analysis + Microanalysis)|
|Person 2||Lowe, Brian (Greenough 201503)|
Thermo Scientific Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software works in tandem with scanning electron and transmission electron microscopes to extract essential information
Analytical microscope users conducting research and routine analysis can now perform more comprehensive and efficient microscopic studies on complex samples using a new X-ray microanalysis software package that complements electron microscopy imaging instruments.
Thermo Scientific Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software, which debuts at Microscopy & Microanalysis 2016 (Booth #1402) at the Columbus Convention Center, is designed to process incoming data from X-ray detector technology and provide a real-time statistical map of the chemical constituents within a sample.
Scientists in fields such as metallurgy, geology, semiconductor, failure analysis, product development and applied research can reduce their analysis time from hours to minutes when pairing Pathfinder software with their scanning electron microscopes and transmission electron microscopes.
“Researchers and scientists in microscopy labs are challenged to obtain consistent, reliable and rapid answers when analyzing the most complex chemical and elemental samples,” said Kevin Fairfax, business director, surface analysis and microanalysis, for Thermo Fisher Scientific. “Pathfinder software is designed to deliver actionable results. It takes advantage of advanced computing power and features an intuitive design that supplements an electron microscope image by rapidly identifying the chemical phases in the sample. Pathfinder represents an industry shift toward push-button operation that eliminates the need for subjective user interpretation.”
Additional benefits of the Thermo Scientific Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software include:
> COMPASS phase mapping, which classifies statistically distinct phases in the sample and combines energy-dispersive spectroscopy and wavelength-dispersive spectroscopy analysis with the structural and morphological information from the electron microscope;
> A spectral match database that automatically identifies and maps analyzed regions based on a spectral fingerprint;
> Advanced algorithms for background subtraction, peak deconvolution and quantitative analysis to initiate accurate data analysis;
> Full compatibility with internal data servers, enabling off-line data analysis that frees the microscope for other purposes; and
> A unique set of 29 image filters that provide new data enhancement tools to provide users with a clear, understandable picture of their SEM/EDS and SEM/WDS data.
More information on Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software can be found at www.thermofisher.com/pathfinder.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Boston, Mass., USA
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]