Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Showcases New Personal NanoDrop UV-Vis Spectrophotometer. NanoDrop Lite Is First Local-Control Instrument from Popular NanoDrop Product Line". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Person||Kellogg, Aaron (Greenough 201203 Senior Media Consultant)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Pittcon debut of the Thermo Scientific NanoDrop Lite, a compact, personal UV-Vis microvolume spectrophotometer that complements full-featured NanoDrop™ 2000/2000c and NanoDrop 8000 instruments. The new instrument is small enough to fit in a drawer, but powerful enough to help accelerate life science workflows related to sequencing, PCR/qPCR, protein isolation, antibody production, HLA typing and other applications. Thermo Fisher will showcase NanoDrop Lite in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
While NanoDrop Lite is designed with fewer features than the 2000 or 8000 series, it delivers where it counts: rapid, accurate and reproducible microvolume measurements without the need for dilutions. It uses the same sample retention technology that has become a hallmark of NanoDrop instruments, and surfaces can simply be wiped clean between samples. Features include local control and an optional docking printer (sold separately) that prints freezer-compatible adhesive labels, offering even more convenience in the laboratory.
Customers familiar with the accuracy and reproducibility of NanoDrop spectrophotometers will appreciate how the new Lite version fits into a typical laboratory workflow. Researchers can obtain full spectral data on a NanoDrop 2000 or 8000, but perform more routine measurements on a NanoDrop Lite, reducing laboratory bottlenecks and increasing productivity.
"If our customers could have a NanoDrop on every bench, they would," said Reinhold Mischau with PEQLAB Biotechnologie GmbH. "NanoDrop Lite is the next best thing, however. Sharing or borrowing an instrument, especially when all you need is a quick measurement, is frustrating. Those days are over."
The NanoDrop Lite can measure nucleic acid and protein concentration in sample sizes between 1.0 and 2.0 µL and can measure 260/280 ratios for nucleic acids. For more information about features/specifications, please see: www.thermoscientific.com/nanodrop.
For more information about the NanoDrop product line, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. To exchange ideas or experiences with other NanoDrop users: visit NanoDrop on Facebook. To watch how others recently reacted to the new NanoDrop Lite, click here.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Aaron Kellogg, 617-275-6526
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Biognosys AG. (10/24/14). "Press Release: Biognosys’ Spectronaut Software Now Supports Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer Platform". Zürich-Schlieren....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/22/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/21/14). "Press Release: New Strong Anion Exchange Resin Advances Bioseparation. Poros XQ – a Next-generation, High-capacity, High-resolution and Salt-tolerant Chromatography Resin". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/20/14). "Press Release: New Orbitrap-based Mass Spectrometer Makes High-resolution Accurate-mass Analysis Widely Accessible". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Its Ion PGM Dx Next Generation Sequencing System Is Now CE-marked for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Use". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/25/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Agreement with GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer to Develop Oncology Companion Diagnostics Using Next-generation Sequencing (NGS)". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/22/14). "Press Release: »Tandem Mass Tag« Team Wins HUPO Science & Technology Award". San José, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/18/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Listing of the Ion PGM Dx System with the U.S. FDA as Class II Medical Device". Carlsbad, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/16/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Members to Scientific Advisory Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Biognosys AG. (9/10/14). "Press Release: Biognosys Releases Spectronaut 6.0". Zürich-Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]