Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Showcases New Personal NanoDrop UV-Vis Spectrophotometer. NanoDrop Lite Is First Local-Control Instrument from Popular NanoDrop Product Line". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Person||Kellogg, Aaron (Greenough 201203 Senior Media Consultant)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the Pittcon debut of the Thermo Scientific NanoDrop Lite, a compact, personal UV-Vis microvolume spectrophotometer that complements full-featured NanoDrop™ 2000/2000c and NanoDrop 8000 instruments. The new instrument is small enough to fit in a drawer, but powerful enough to help accelerate life science workflows related to sequencing, PCR/qPCR, protein isolation, antibody production, HLA typing and other applications. Thermo Fisher will showcase NanoDrop Lite in Thermo Scientific booth 2665 during Pittcon 2012, being held from March 11-15, in Orlando.
While NanoDrop Lite is designed with fewer features than the 2000 or 8000 series, it delivers where it counts: rapid, accurate and reproducible microvolume measurements without the need for dilutions. It uses the same sample retention technology that has become a hallmark of NanoDrop instruments, and surfaces can simply be wiped clean between samples. Features include local control and an optional docking printer (sold separately) that prints freezer-compatible adhesive labels, offering even more convenience in the laboratory.
Customers familiar with the accuracy and reproducibility of NanoDrop spectrophotometers will appreciate how the new Lite version fits into a typical laboratory workflow. Researchers can obtain full spectral data on a NanoDrop 2000 or 8000, but perform more routine measurements on a NanoDrop Lite, reducing laboratory bottlenecks and increasing productivity.
"If our customers could have a NanoDrop on every bench, they would," said Reinhold Mischau with PEQLAB Biotechnologie GmbH. "NanoDrop Lite is the next best thing, however. Sharing or borrowing an instrument, especially when all you need is a quick measurement, is frustrating. Those days are over."
The NanoDrop Lite can measure nucleic acid and protein concentration in sample sizes between 1.0 and 2.0 µL and can measure 260/280 ratios for nucleic acids. For more information about features/specifications, please see: www.thermoscientific.com/nanodrop.
For more information about the NanoDrop product line, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2665 at Pittcon 2012. To exchange ideas or experiences with other NanoDrop users: visit NanoDrop on Facebook. To watch how others recently reacted to the new NanoDrop Lite, click here.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2012, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/news.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $12 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit http://www.thermofisher.com.
Aaron Kellogg, 617-275-6526
Record changed: 2014-04-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Nuclea Biotechnologies, Inc.. (2/19/15). "Press Release: Prominent Proteomics Business Development Team Joins Nuclea. Commercialization and Proteomics Expert Dr. Mary Lopez Will Be Appointed COO". Pittsfield, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/29/15). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Strong Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/22/15). "Press Release: New Ultrapure Methylene Chloride Enhances Trace Analysis Performance by GC and GC/MS". Fair Lawn, NJ....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/8/15). "Press Release: MAAZ Standardizes on Industry Leading Informatics Solution. Saudi Arabia-based Third-party Material Testing Laboratory Implements Thermo Scientific". Philadeliphia, PA....
-  From »The Analytical Scientist« (Issue 23, December 2014). (12/14). "When Great Minds Think Alike: Four Co-founders of 908 Devices Describe the Perfect Storm"....
-  Markes International Ltd.. (12/19/14). "Press Release: Markes International Further Strengthens Its Product Marketing Expertise with New Appointment". Llantrisant....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/24/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/17/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Euro-Denominated Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/6/14). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Dollar-denominated Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
-  Biognosys AG. (10/24/14). "Press Release: Biognosys’ Spectronaut Software Now Supports Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer Platform". Zürich-Schlieren....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]