Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/29/08). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Showcase new Mass Spectrometry Systems, Software and Workflow Solutions at ASMS 2008. New Products Include Industry’s Most Sensitive Triple Quad and a Breakthrough Benc
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||ion trap mass spectrometry technology|
|Product 2||TSQ Vantage LC/MS system|
New Products Include Industry's Most Sensitive Triple Quad and a Breakthrough Benchtop LC-MS for Compound Screening that Uses Orbitrap Technology
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced the introduction of a wide range of mass spectrometry technologies that deliver new levels of analytical performance for a wide range of applications, from advanced life sciences research to routine compound screening. The expanded Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry portfolio will be showcased at the 56th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, taking place in Denver from June 1-5.
"We have made significant technical advances across our entire mass spectrometry portfolio," noted Dr. Ian Jardine, vice president of global research and development for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "At ASMS we are highlighting the latest additions to our leading portfolio and demonstrating how these new products can enable scientists to reach new heights of performance, whether they need highly sensitive protein quantitation, or fast, simple compound identification."
Featured breakthrough technologies at ASMS include:
Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage(TM) Triple Quadrupole - This most recent addition to the popular line of TSQ triple quadrupole mass spectrometers delivers up to 10 times more sensitivity than competing systems. Innovative new ion optics and ion-source technology transmit virtually every ion to the mass analyzer, delivering unmatched signal-to-noise performance for reproducible and precise quantitative analysis of small molecules, biomolecules and peptides.
Thermo Scientific Exactive(TM) LC-MS - Leveraging the proven performance of Orbitrap(TM) technology, Exactive provides sub-ppm mass accuracy at resolutions of up to 100,000 for routine compound screening and identification. With intuitive software, this new benchtop LC-MS system is easy for non-specialists to operate in "walk-up" mode, yet delivers the high resolution, sensitivity and mass accuracy needed for the most challenging analytical work.
Thermo Scientific Proteome Discoverer Software - This new proteomics analysis software platform provides researchers with a comprehensive view of quantitative and qualitative proteomic data by combining and comparing data from multiple search engines, public databases and dissociation methods. It allows data mining on a much larger scale than has previously been possible, yet is flexible and easy to use.
The company will also debut Thermo Scientific TMT(R) Tags, an exclusive labeling technology for multiplexed global protein quantitation. This isobaric mass tagging chemistry enables identification and quantitation of protein expression levels from multiple samples including cells, tissues and biological fluids. The unique and consistent chemistry of TMT Tags allow for efficient transition from method development to multiplex quantitation, leading to increased throughput for accelerated biomarker discovery.
For more information on new Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry technology, please visit booth 41 at ASMS. For full press releases announcing all new products at ASMS 2008, please visit www.thermo.com/ASMS.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]