Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Faster, More Accurate Thermo Scientific LC/MS Sample Screening Demonstrated at Pittcon 2010. Dual Benefits of Ultra-high Resolution and Accurate Mass". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||Exactive™ Transcend™ LC/MS system|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Mylchreest, Iain (Thermo Fisher 201003 VP Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announced today that it will demonstrate the advanced analytical capabilities delivered by combining its award-winning Thermo Scientific Exactive liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) system with its Thermo Scientific Transcend technology for a complete LC/MS solution. For challenging screening applications, including complex samples containing pesticides, metabolites or other target compounds, this configuration combines automated online sample preparation for high throughput with the dual benefits of ultra-high resolution and accurate mass. The company will showcase the ExactiveTM TranscendTM system at Thermo Scientific booth 2757 during Pittcon 2010, being held February 28 - March 5, in Orlando.
Leveraging the proven mass analyzer technology of the industry-leading Thermo Scientific OrbitrapTM platform, the Exactive delivers ultra-high resolution and accurate mass data to enable the rigorous and rapid characterization of compounds in complex matrices. The easy-to-use instrument streamlines many of the technical steps that normally require specialized setup and operation, and uniquely provides simultaneous qualitative and quantitative results.
By combining Exactive with the Transcend system, Thermo Fisher can deliver enhanced sample screening to more laboratories. In particular, Thermo Scientific TurboFlow technology within Transcend offers automated, online sample preparation methodologies to simplify analytical workflows and increase data quality. TurboFlowTM technology permits direct injection of complex matrices, virtually eliminating upfront sample preparation and delivering reliable analysis in a fraction of the time.
"This newly combined solution offers improved data quality and makes this research tool available to more users in a wide variety of applications, including environmental analysis, food safety, drug discovery, pharmaceutical, clinical research, forensic toxicology and metabolomics," said Iain Mylchreest, vice president of life sciences mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Customers can improve productivity and perform highly complex analyses with the added confidence provided by the combination of high resolution and accurate mass."
For more information about the Exactive and Transcend systems, please visit Thermo Scientific booth 2757 at Pittcon 2010. Alternatively, visit www.thermo.com/ms, call (800) 532-4752 or e-mail email@example.com.
For access to all Thermo Fisher Scientific news and product photos related to Pittcon 2010, please visit the online media room at www.thermofisher.com/pittcon10
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]