Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/22/10). "Press Release: Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry Sponsored. Thermo Fisher Scientific to Sponsor Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry". Bremen.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific (Bremen) GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||inorganic chemistry (science)|
|Person||Barnes, Ramon (Professor)|
|Person 2||Rottmann, Lothar (Thermo 201204 Product Manager ICPMS/GDMS before Global Support Manager Inorganic Mass Spectrometry)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that it will play a key role in the organization of the 2012 Winter Conference Award in Plasma Spectrochemistry. At the 2012 biennial Winter Conference, the company will present the award to the scientist who has made the most noteworthy contribution to the field of plasma spectrochemistry. Prof. Ramon Barnes, who received the award during the 2010 Winter Conference, will chair the scientific committee for the 2012 award. Thermo Fisher Scientific is now inviting scientists worldwide to submit their applications for the next award in 2012. For more information, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/wpcaward.
The Winter Plasma Award recognizes achievements in conceptualization and development of novel instrumentation as well as the elucidation of fundamental events or processes involved in plasma spectrochemistry. It also acknowledges the authorship of significant research papers or books that have had an influential role in new advancements as well as outstanding applications that open new fields of use for plasma spectrochemistry. In addition to having their contribution to the field recognized by the scientific community and the industry, the selected scientist will also receive an award of $5000.
The award ceremony will take place during the 2012 Winter Conference on Plasma Spectrochemistry. The conference will showcase the latest advancements in plasma spectrochemical analysis. The event brings together international scientists experienced in applications, instrumentation and theory to examine recent progress in the field. The conference offers the ideal platform to discuss and examine the continued growth in popularity of plasma sources for atomization and excitation in atomic spectroscopy and ionization in mass spectrometry, and the developments of these discharges.
Lothar Rottmann, global support manager inorganic mass spectrometry at Thermo Fisher Scientific, commented: "Thermo Fisher Scientific is the leader in plasma spectrochemistry instrumentation and our company is pleased to sponsor this industry award. The Winter Conference award complements our objectives for advancement and innovation, and we look forward to honoring scientists who are making significant breakthroughs in this field."
Participants are invited to send their application with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31 2010. For further information, the terms and conditions, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/wpcaward.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of more than $10 billion, we have approximately 35,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]