Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/7/16). "Press Release: New UHPLC-MS Workflows Designed for Biopharmaceutical Characterization. Therapeutic Protein Analysis kits, Columns and Software among Highlights at Pittcon 2016". Atlanta, GA.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pittcon (The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy Inc.)|
|Product||mass spectrometry-based analysis of biopharmaceutical|
|Product 2||BioPharma Finder software|
|Person||Rontree, John (Thermo Fisher 201510 Director Vertical Marketing)|
|Person 2||Butchers, Carolyn (Biostrata 201411– before Alto Marketing)|
Pittcon 2016 –– Biopharmaceutical companies can now achieve advanced levels of specificity, sensitivity and speed with specialized analytical workflow solutions for the characterization and quantification of proteins.
These new and comprehensive workflow solutions for in-depth biopharmaceutical characterization are being exhibited at Pittcon 2016 (booth 2239) at the Georgia World Congress Center, Atlanta.
“Characterization and quantitation of biomolecules is challenging and scientists require user-friendly instruments and complementary consumables and software to help them develop safe and effective drugs faster,” said John Rontree, senior director of biopharmaceutical marketing, chromatography and mass spectrometry, Thermo Fisher. “We’ve developed application-based analytical workflows that enable our customers to gather more information about novel therapeutics earlier in the research and development process. By offering a complete solution from a single provider, our customers can be confident that their complete characterization is supported by our global service network.”
The complete workflows, which include solutions for everything from sample prep to data analysis, feature the following new instruments, consumables and software:
> The Thermo Scientific SMART Digest Kit is a protein digestion kit for biopharmaceutical applications that require reproducible, sensitive and fast, bottom-up analysis of proteins in high-throughput workflows. Designed to minimize preparation time and variability, the SMART Digest kit facilitates fast and reliable analytical results using a simple three-step, easy-to-implement process that can also be automated. The immobilized trypsin design is formulated to produce high-quality data with reduced sample preparation time compared to traditional in-solution digestion methods.
> The new Thermo Scientific Vanquish Flex UHPLC System is a fully bioinert ultra high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) offering that delivers exceptional performance and reliable separations with the flexibility required for labs developing methods ranging from high-throughput analyses to pharmaceutical quality control applications. The Vanquish Flex system is designed for high speed, resolution and sensitivity, allowing researchers who perform biopharmaceutical analyses to obtain high-quality and consistent data. Because it features integrated modularity, customers can mix and match modules depending on the demands of the application. Biopharmaceutical partners already using the system note its ultra-low baseline noise, retention time reproducibility and peak profile reproducibility.
> The Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7.2 Chromatography Data System provides a workflow that allows scientists to answer questions that frequently arise during method development.
> The Thermo Scientific MAbPac RP column is designed for analytical chemists requiring high-resolution separation of intact proteins, such as monoclonal antibody (mAb) variants and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) as well as those conducting high-resolution mass spectrometric analysis of mAbs and mAb fragments. This column addresses the increased need for reliable and rapid characterization of these compounds required for upstream biopharmaceutical development. The MAbPac RP column is targeted for MS and UV detection: its thermal and pH stability yields promote consistent separations, while the polymeric resin has a pore size suitable for mAbs.
> The new Thermo Scientific BioPharma Finder software is designed to provide intelligent batch/lot comparisons to promote consistency and quality throughout. For intact mass analysis, BioPharma Finder uses two deconvolution algorithms to take advantage of the high-quality, high-resolution accurate mass (HRAM) data produced by Thermo Scientific Orbitrap-based mass spectrometers, such as the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Lumos Tribrid Mass Spectrometer. For peptide mapping workflows, BioPharma Finder facilitates confirmation of amino acid sequence and identification of the site and type of expected and unexpected post-translational modifications (PTMs), and it provides the relative amount of each modification. Additional features include disulfide bond mapping and low-level impurity identification.
For a closer look at Thermo Fisher’s new UHPLC-MS workflow solutions for biopharmaceutical characterization, visit booth 2239 or, for more information, visit www.thermoscientific.com/UHPLC.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Laura Bright, +1 562-335-8318
Carolyn Butchers, +44 (0) 1223 828200
Record changed: 2016-06-23
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: New Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS Combines Power and Simplicity". Chicago, IL....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Core Informatics, Provider of Leading Cloud-Based Scientific Data Platforms". Waltham, MA & Branford, CT....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects New Director to Board". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/28/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (2/16/17). "Press Release: 908 Devices Optimizes High-quality Mass Spec Analysis Through Partnership Agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific". Boston, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of Finesse Solutions, Inc.". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/6/17). "Press Release: New Comprehensive LC-MS Workflow Provides Researchers with Higher Quality Data for Clinical Research Samples. Part of Collaboration between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Amerispec Diagnostics". Duba...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/20/17). "Press Release: New Standard Test Method to Assess Water Safety. Thermo Fisher Scientific and the ASTM Develop Ion Chromatography-based Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Nitrogen and Phosphorous Levels...
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]