Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/24/11). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Unveils Breakthrough Research Method for the Detection and Absolute Quantification of Metabolites Using GC-MS/MS-MRM Technology". Austin, TX.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Austin|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Scott Partnership Ltd., The|
|Group||Scott Partnership (Group)|
|Product||TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC/MS system|
|Product 2||multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) technology|
|Person||Baldry, Lindsay (Scott Partnership 201011)|
|Person 2||Nelson, Michael C. (Thermo Fisher 201008 Thermo Fisher Austin)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced an innovative new method for the detection and absolute quantification of metabolites based on the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS in multiple reaction mode (MRM). Using this advanced triple stage quadrupole GC-MS/MS-MRM technology, scientists are now able to conduct both discovery phase analysis and selective identification and quantification analysis with a single instrument. The high sensitivity and selectivity of the method enables scientists to effectively study plant metabolism and perform phytohormone profiling. The new method is detailed in an application note entitled "Metabolomics strategies using GC-MS/MS technology," available to download via www.thermoscientific.com/biometa
Success in metabolomics, a relatively new area of study that observes the unique chemical fingerprints that cellular processes leave behind, is heavily influenced by the capabilities of analytical instrumentation. This is largely due to the physio-chemical diversity of biological small molecules. Varied and flexible analytical strategies such as GC-MS, LC-MS & MS/MS are therefore essential and often need to be combined. Analysis of low concentration endogenous metabolites in complex biological samples is often challenging due to the chromatographic co-elution of different components. The use of LC or GC-MS/MS strategies is necessary to improve the selectivity of targeted metabolomics assays.
The TSQ Quantum XLS extends the market-leading range of Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions for metabolomics applications, delivering the necessary mass accuracy, resolution and speed required to provide sensitive, high quality quantitation in metabolomics studies. The ability to use a single instrument when performing both the screening and quantitation of metabolites not only accelerates the process, thereby increasing throughput, but also provides optimized reproducibility in fragmentation pattern, peak intensities and mass accuracies. In addition, compounds which typically cannot be separated through gas chromatography can be separated using compound-specific MRM transitions in a single run.
The TSQ Quantum XLS features the innovative Thermo Scientific DuraBrite IRIS ion source, which ensures high sensitivity in the low femtogram range, excellent quantitative precision at trace levels and uninterrupted operation for increased productivity. In addition to offering maximum precision, sensitivity and laboratory productivity for quantitative GC-MS analysis, the TSQ Quantum XLS offers the unique ability to combine full scan MS analyses of metabolites and targeted analysis. Using the TSQ Quantum XLS, metabolome coverage can be achieved with accurate and selective identification and quantification, while achieving high sample throughput.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum XLS triple quadrupole GC-MS, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermoscientific.com/quantumxls
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of nearly $11 billion, we have approximately 37,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, which offer a unique combination of continuous technology development and the most convenient purchasing options. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications. Visit www.thermofisher.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact Information:
Name: Lindsay Baldry
Phone: +44 1477 539539
Secondary Contact Information:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]