Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/5/12). "Press Release: Duzen Selects Bruker’s MALDI Biotyper for Mass Spectrometry-based Molecular Microbial Identification". Ankara.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Duzen Laboratories (TR)|
|Product||MALDI Biotyper system|
|Product 2||clinical diagnostics|
|Index term||Duzem–Bruker Corp: mass spectrometer, 201206– supply exclusive long-term agreem to equip Duzen labs with MALDI Biotyper systems|
|Person||Mix, Guido (Bruker 200905 Bruker Daltonik Director Business Development MALDI Biotyper)|
|Person 2||Hoffmann, Karin (Bruker Corp 200909 MALDI Biotyper Marketing Bruker Daltonik GmbH)|
At the 7th National Molecular and Diagnostic Microbiology Congress in Ankara, Bruker announces an exclusive framework agreement with Duzen (http://www.duzen.com.tr) in the area of molecular microbial identification based on MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Duzen is one of the leading private diagnostic laboratory groups in Turkey, and Bruker is the leading provider of mass spectrometry-based microorganism identification solutions worldwide. Duzen Laboratories, a highly regarded clinical diagnostics company for 38 years, is the pioneer in its field in introducing new technologies into routine clinical use in Turkey. In addition, Duzen also supports government and university funded health programs, and is the contract service provider of several embassies for visa applications.
During an extensive evaluation study of the commercially available MALDI-TOF based microorganism identification systems, Bruker's MALDI Biotyper solution repeatedly outperformed other systems in both its analytical performance and easy to use workflow. On this basis, Duzen decided to enter into an exclusive long-term agreement with Bruker to equip its laboratories with the market leading MALDI Biotyper system.
"We decided that the MALDI Biotyper is the most suitable system based on its smart and intelligent workflows and IT embedding features, and coupled with Bruker's service and support network significantly reduced the challenges of implementing a new technology like MALDI-TOF into our daily routine workflow," commented Dr. Gorkem Yaman, Microbiology Specialist at Duzen.
Dr. Yaman commented further: "After successfully introducing a revolutionary species identification workflow, Bruker's team of microbiologists are continuing to expand the horizons of MALDI-TOF microbial applications, providing us with initial ideas on how to detect particular resistance mechanisms with the MALDI Biotyper. This means that MALDI-TOF based detection of B-lactamases and carbapenemases activity is possible in less than three hours, for some enzymes even within one hour. This approach also can be applied to the analysis of positive blood cultures using Bruker's MALDI Sepsityper kit, obtaining information both on the species and its possible resistance mechanisms within a couple of hours. This may have a significant impact on the clinical management of patients in Turkey."
"When considering potential partners it is important for us to identify not only the most reliable partner but one that fully understands our needs and requirements. Bruker's "Open Microbiology Concept" permits us to use and connect different technologies of our choice; this flexible approach compliments our own strategy and concepts perfectly. The philosophies of both companies fit nicely together and I am looking forward to expanding the cooperation into other regions in the future," concluded Dr. Elvan Laleli-Sahin, Member of the Board of Directors, Duzen.
Dr. Guido Mix, Director of Microbiology at Bruker Daltonics, added: "We are very pleased that after leading the MALDI-TOF-based revolution for microbial identification, Bruker is now also leading the integration of this new molecular method into the overall microbiological workflow. Our efforts toward developing smart and straightforward workflows for the daily microbiological routine of labs are especially valued by our customers. Being able to offer very robust mass spectrometer hardware and software, and proven hands-on standard operating protocols, all backed-up by our dedicated microbiology support specialists, makes Bruker a reliable long-term partner."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
Bruker's dedicated MALDI Biotyper solution (http://www.bdal.com/maldibiotyper) enables molecular identification, and taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by high-throughput MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product safety and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. Bruker's robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation efforts and offers low consumables cost per sample. The MALDI Biotyper is available in a research-use-only version, as well as in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79 in various European countries.
ABOUT BRUKER CORPORATION (NASDAQ: BRKR)
Bruker is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information:
Karin Hoffmann, +49-421-2205-2041
MALDI Biotyper Marketing
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]