Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (3/11/15). "Press Release: SelectScience Community Chooses Thermo Fisher Scientific for Two Awards". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||SelectScience Ltd.|
|Product||Vanquish UHPLC system|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Person||Shine, Dan (Thermo Fisher 201304 President of Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry Business)|
|Person 2||Butt, Arif (SelectScience 201304 Publisher)|
Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC System voted Scientists’ Choice Best New Separations Product, Thermo Fisher Scientific voted Reviewers’ Choice Company of the Year
The global community of SelectScience readers and contributors has selected the Thermo Scientific Vanquish UHPLC system for the Scientists’ Choice Best New Separations Product award. In addition, Thermo Fisher Scientific was named Reviewers’ Choice Company of the Year, the first annual award that recognizes the company with the best reviews and ratings on SelectScience, a leading independent online resource that fulfills the information needs of the global scientific community.
The winners were announced at an awards ceremony at the SelectScience booth at Pittcon 2015 at New Orleans’ Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Accepting the awards for Thermo Fisher was Dan Shine, president of chromatography and mass spectrometry for Thermo Fisher Scientific. Last year, the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry system received the SelectScience Scientitsts’ Choice Best New Spectroscopy Product of 2013 award.
“The annual SelectScience ‘Scientists’ Choice Awards’ celebrate the companies and products making a difference to laboratory science each year,” said Arif Butt, CEO and Founder of SelectScience. “Over 7,400 scientists participated in online nominations, votes and reviews to select the winners, and our editors independently moderated all activities. These awards are unique in the industry in providing a voice to scientists and a channel to share success. I congratulate this year’s winners as the true ‘Scientists’ Choice.’”
“We are honored to be recognized for innovation in both our products and overall company,” said Shine. “With the Vanquish system, we redesigned UHPLC from the ground up, delivering new levels of performance, productivity and usability. Through our commitment to innovation, we re-imagine technologies and products that make a real difference in our customers’ work. It is gratifying to see this type of recognition from the people who matter the most – the community of scientists.”
Introduced in July 2014, the Vanquish system was engineered to combine the ruggedness of an integrated system with the flexibility of a modular system. Central to the Vanquish concept is the new family of Thermo Scientific Accucore Vanquish UHPLC columns, specially designed to provide the resolution and throughput benefits of higher pressures, up to its full 1500 bar rating.
For more information about the Vanquish system, please visit www.thermofisher.com/vanquish.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Stu Matlow, +1 408-965-6408
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]