Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (1/18/13). "Press Release: Bruker Wins Order from Former IUCr President. D8 Venture SC-XRD System for Charge Density and Protein Structure Investigations".
|Organisation||University of Copenhagen|
|Product||D8 Venture™ Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction (SC-XRD) system|
|Product 2||structural proteomics|
The University of Copenhagen will upgrade thei X-ray Facility with a new D8 VENTURE SC-XRD system. The system will be used for high-end single crystal diffraction experiments and builds a key component in the analytical instrumentation of the Chemistry department.
Sine Larsen, Professor in structural chemistry, former IUCr president and Director of Research at ESRF, stated: "So far, I have worn out five diffractometers in my career. Now we'll be getting a new set replacing our KAPPA CCD, which for many years has been our work horse for challenging structures. When CCDs became available University of Copenhagen was among the first to move towards this new technology. Now, 15 years later University of Copenhagen again took the opportunity to get access to the newest technology available on the market - the new D8 VENTURE featuring CMOS APS technology." The new instrument will be equipped with IµS microfocus sources, a KAPPA goniometer and the PHOTON 100 detector.
"This system together with the APEX2 software package gave us the best results from our challenging samples when we compared a number of systems. We will be using the D8 VENTURE for charge density investigations like we did with the previous instrument but we will additionally investigate protein structures with the new instrument.", Dr. Anders Madsen continued.
Dr. Eric Hovestreydt, SC-XRD Business Manager for Bruker AXS in Karlsruhe said: "At Bruker, we are extremely pleased that University of Copenhagen again has decided for a Bruker instrument to perform their in-house single crystal structure investigations. The group is internationally known for its high quality research and we are proud that in the past our innovative solutions did contribute to their success and the new D8 VENTURE will contribute in the future."
Bruker AXS GmbH
Dr. Martin Adam
Tel: +49 (721) 50997-5060
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]