Document › Details
Sage-N Research, Inc.. (5/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Sorcerer Platform Implemented by the University at Buffalo for Reliable and Simple Protein Identification". Milpitas, CA.
Sage-N Research, Inc., the world leader in supplying Integrated Data Appliances (IDAs) for proteomics research, announced that the State University of New York at Buffalo's pharmaceutical sciences research group has chosen the Sage-N Research SORCERER platform to assist with its advanced proteomics research.
One of the primary reasons for this was to take advantage of the sophisticated algorithms and server capabilities that the SORCERER offers, as an overall life science platform. The SORCERER will replace the current super-computers that are used within the University's laboratory to characterize and identify proteins and handle the large amounts of data generated from high throughput mass spectrometers.
The Lab of Clinical Proteomics and Pharmaceutical Analysis, led by Dr. Jun Qu, Assistant Professor at The State University of New York at Buffalo and the Chief Scientist in Bioanalysis in CEBLS, has decided to go with Sage-N Research's SEQUEST 3G search engine and Matrix Science's Mascot, both hosted on the SORCERER platform, to study a variety of applications including diagnostics and biomarker discovery for cardiovascular diseases, colon, pancreatic and prostate cancer, cocaine addiction, retina degeneration, COPD and HIV.
The SORCERER from Sage-N Research is a "plug and play" appliance for life sciences designed to support multiple software programs and is well suited to researchers in high-throughput laboratories, core facilities and corporate environments. It provides a unique combination of optimized hardware and can be easily customized with different post-processing tools to suit an individual customer's needs. The platform also offers high-level server-based solutions for storage, back-up and rapid processing of the complex data-sets generated by high end mass spectrometers.
The University at Buffalo selected SORCERER to be used with both Mascot and SEQUEST 3G, to optimize the search conditions. This solution has replaced the super-computer in the University at Buffalo's laboratory, as it offers the capability to handle the vast amounts (up to a terabyte) of information generated by a unique long-gradient nano-Lliquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (nano-LC/MS) developed in Qu's lab.
"It has been great to be able to finally deploy both Mascot and SEQUEST 3G on the Sage-N Research SORCERER platform and experience the benefits of two very powerful search engines for important protein ID applications," commented Dr. Jun Qu. "Most members of the industry are still using standalone PC servers which can be time consuming to configure and would consume more power to process the same amount of data. For example, 60k-80k spectra were generated by a single nano-LC/MS run of a clinical sample; in our lab, one typical clinical project will involve the analysis of 2-3 millions of spectra, which is a heavy burden even for a super computer. We have found the SORCERER platform to be very reliable, easy-to-use and the next generation of Information Technology for life sciences." In addition, John Cottrell, Director at Matrix Science comments "We are excited that the University at Buffalo has chosen to harness the power of Mascot on the SORCERER platform for its advanced proteomics research. This solution allows users to handle large amounts of data easily and efficiently, accelerating their vital research programs."
For more information about Sage-N Research, Inc. and its easy-to-use proteomic data analysis solution, please visit www.sagenresearch.com or e-mail info@SageNResearch.com.
SORCERER is a trademark of Sage-N Research, Inc.
SEQUEST is registered trademark with the University of Washington Mascot is a registered trademark of Matrix Science Ltd
About Sage-N Research, Inc.
Sage-N Research, Inc. is the world leader in supplying Integrated Data Appliances (IDAs) for proteomics research. The industry-leading SORCERER IDAs are plug-and-play productivity systems used by leading life science researchers worldwide to rapidly and accurately identify proteins and protein modifications in biological samples using mass spectrometry data.
Founded in 2002, the company is a privately held corporation headquartered in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley. Through strategic collaborations with leading scientists and companies, Sage-N Research advances the state of the art in ease-of-use, applications, and technology to enable world-changing discoveries in biology and medicine. For more information, please visit www.SageNResearch.com
About Matrix Science
Matrix Science develops and markets bioinformatics products and services for mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Mass spectrometry has become established as the method of choice for protein analysis, providing levels of speed and sensitivity that cannot be matched by other techniques. Mascot, Matrix Science's lead software package, searches mass spectrometry data against molecular sequence databases to identify the constituent proteins and characterize post-translational modifications. The search procedure is computationally intensive, requiring complex statistical calculations to be performed rapidly while streaming through large protein and nucleic acid sequence databases. The company is based in London, UK, and has offices in Boston, MA and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit www.matrixscience.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Sage-N Research Inc.
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (9/29/16). "Press Release: Announcing First Cloud-based Sorcerer for Precision Proteomics". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (10/3/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Announces Enhancement to Sorcerer Platform". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (7/23/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Platform Implemented by the University of Hyderabad in India for Cutting Edge Agricultural Research". Silicon Valley, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, LEAP Technologies, Sage-N Research, and Valco Instruments Announce Plans to Co-develop Next Generation Sample Preparation/Data Analysis for H/D Exchange Mass Spectrometry". Sout...
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (3/19/12). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Pressure BioSciences to Collaborate on Improving the Extraction and Analysis of Integral Cell Membrane and Other Proteins in Cancer, Stroke, and other Important Research Samples"....
-  IO Informatics, Inc.. (3/6/12). "Press Release: IO Informatics and Sage-N Research Announce Partnership to Discover Potential Biomarkers and a Microbial Detection System". San Francisco, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (6/2/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Signs an Exclusive Agreement with the U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center to License Technology for Microbial Identification". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (4/26/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Releases New Developer Toolkit that Facilitates Integration of Sorcerer Platform with Independent Software Suites". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (2/25/11). "Press Release: Sage-N Research and Nonlinear Dynamics Sign Co-marketing Agreement to Provide Complete Workflow Solutions to High End Proteomic Labs". Milpitas, CA....
-  Sage-N Research, Inc.. (11/12/10). "Press Release: Sage-N Research Optimizes Data Generation for the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute". Milpitas, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]