Document › Details
IonSense, Inc.. (9/27/12). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Issued Two Patents on Direct Analysis in Real Time Mass Spectrometry. Introduces New Product at International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Kyoto, Japan". Saugus, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Shimadzu (Group)|
|Product||DART®-OS ion source|
|Product 2||IMSC 2012 Kyoto|
|Person||Musselman, Brian (IonSense 201010 CEO)|
New DART-OS Source Demonstrated Live to Meeting Attendees, Highlighting Applications in Food Safety and Forensics.
IonSense, Inc. is pleased to announce that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued two patents supporting its Direct Analysis in Real Time (or DART®) mass spectrometry products. The company's DART ion sources and application accessories enable the fast, simple analysis of materials in food safety, drug development, forensics, environmental, security, and chemical industries.
The first patent, number 8,217,341 "Sampling System for Use with Surface Ionization Spectroscopy," describes improvements to its gas ion separator which permits more efficient collection and transmission of ions. The company has commercialized the technology in its VAPUR® API Interface, a device which enables the DART source to be used with most commercial LC/MS systems sold by AB SCIEX, Agilent Technologies, Bruker, Thermo, Shimadzu and Waters. The VAPUR greatly increases the sensitivity of those systems by facilitating the collection of ions at ambient pressure and transferring them to the mass spectrometer.
The second patent, number 8,207,497 "Sampling of Confined Spaces," describes a system for determining the presence of controlled substances in a cargo container using a sorbent surface to collect analytes from the container. The sorbent is then interrogated with DART technology to detect and identify the contents of the container.
"We are pleased to be awarded these patents as they further secure our ability to expand our product portfolio," according to Brian Musselman, IonSense President and CEO. "Additionally we continue to innovate and expand the application of DART to address new challenges, ultimately speeding and simplifying the analysis of complex samples."
The company has also expanded its product line to include the DART-OS source for use with Shimadzu 2020 single and 8030 triple quadrupole LC/MS systems. The launch of these products occurred at the International Mass Spectrometry Conference held last week in Kyoto, Japan. Live product demonstrations of the DART-OS were conducted using the Shimadzu 2020 in the conference center to demonstrate the utility of OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry™ to meeting delegates.
About IonSense, Inc.
IonSense, Inc. (www.ionsense.com) is a Massachusetts-based company providing OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry™ solutions to the fields of food safety, forensics, drug development, and chemical analysis. They manufacture and develop direct analysis in real time (DART®) and atmospheric solids analysis probe (ASAP™) technology. The company provides sources and accessories for JEOL, ThermoFisher, Agilent, AB SCIEX, Bruker, Shimadzu, and Waters mass spectrometers. IonSense products including DART and ASAP technologies are distributed in Europe by KR Analytical Ltd, in China by ASPEC Technologies, in Japan by AMR Inc., in India by Orochem India, in Korea by Omics Biotech, in Canada by VBM Consulting Ltd., and in Israel by Mercury Scientific.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for IonSense Inc.
-  IonSense, Inc.. (11/4/13). "Press Release: IonSense, Inc. Presenting Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) Mass Spectrometry at the 6th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis (RAFA)". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (6/5/13). "Press Release: IonSense and Cerno Bioscience Introduce Low Cost DART Mass Spectrometer with Accurate Mass Capability". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis USA. (3/15/13). "Press Release: Photonis USA Introduces DART Ion Mobility Spectrometer. New Instrument Offers Simplified, Fast Analysis". Sturbridge, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (3/13/13). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the DART GSX System for the Agilent GC/MSD, First Commercial Ambient Ionization System for the Popular GC/MS Instrument". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (1/25/13). "Press Release: IonSense Awarded Massachusetts Workforce Training Grant. Adds New Sales Management". Saugus, MA....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (10/1/12). "Press Release: IonSense Introduces the OpenSpot Quick Strips for the DART OS Transmission Module, Providing Rapid Analysis in Food Safety and Product Qualtity". Saugus, MA....
-  Photonis Holding S.A.S.. (6/15/12). "Press Release: Photonis USA Selected as Development Partner by IonSense, Inc. Companies Will Co-develop Products to Jointly Advance DART-MS Technologies"....
-  IonSense, Inc.. (5/17/12). "Press Release: IonSense Presenting OpenSpot Mass Spectrometry at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry Annual Conference". Saugus, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]