Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/20/10). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Major Multi-Systems NMR Order from Vanderbilt University". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Vanderbilt University|
|Product||AVANCE™ III spectrometer|
|Product 2||NMR spectroscopy|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
Bruker, the leader in analytical magnetic resonance instrumentation, announces a major multi-systems NMR order from Vanderbilt University, including an ultra-high field AVANCE(TM) III 900 US2 NMR spectrometer. This purchase was made possible in large part by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Vanderbilt will use these NMR instruments for a broad range of biophysical and structural analyses in biomedical research, as well as for cancer drug discovery using fragment-based approaches and structure-based drug design.
Based on Bruker's successful 900 MHz (21.2 Tesla) actively-shielded US² magnet, the AVANCE III 900 offers one of the highest magnetic fields for NMR applications. The 900 US2 magnet combines Bruker's proprietary UltraShield(TM) active shielding and UltraStabilized(TM) sub-cooling technologies. The result is a 900 MHz magnet with a small footprint which can be sited within Vanderbilt's existing NMR facility. The system includes unique CryoProbe(TM) technology enabling Vanderbilt researchers to benefit from the increased sensitivity and RF efficiency of this cryogenically cooled NMR probe.
Vanderbilt's major NMR order includes additional AVANCE III consoles for existing 800, 600 and 500 MHz NMR magnets, thus creating one of the largest state-of-the-art NMR centers. The AVANCE III is the fastest and highest performing NMR spectrometer on the market. Its architecture delivers an unprecedented level of digital control, speed, flexibility and exceptionally pure NMR frequency generation. The AVANCE III's second-generation (2G) digital receiver (DR) technology delivers significant improvements in NMR detection for Vanderbilt's structural biology and drug discovery research.
"We are ecstatic about this leap forward in our ability to perform NMR experiments on biological macromolecules," said Walter Chazin, Chancellor's Professor of Biochemistry and Chemistry, Ingram Professor of Cancer Research and Director of the Center for Structural Biology at Vanderbilt. "The acquisition of this new technology is critical to the cutting edge research being performed with our NMR facilities. The addition of the new 900 MHz instrument is especially important as it will provide enhanced capability for our most challenging NMR projects, which study complex integral membrane proteins, damaged genes and multi-protein machines. We look forward to new breakthroughs in understanding the biology and medical impact of these systems, as well as the discovery of molecular probes and drug candidates from investigations using this new instrumentation."
For more information on NMR, please visit www.bruker-biospin.com/nmr
For information about Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com
Dr. Thorsten Thiel,
+49 721 5161 6517
Director Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]