Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (3/5/10). "Press Release: Next Generation Dissolution Apparatus from Varian, Inc. Blends Flexibility with Automation. 708-DS Integrates with Varian’s Latest UV and HPLC Analytical Solutions". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||708-DS dissolution apparatus|
|Product 2||HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography)|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) announced today the availability of its next generation dissolution apparatus designed for testing tablets, capsules and other dosage forms. The 708-DS supports a broad set of applications ranging from manual dissolution testing to automated, high-throughput analysis. It provides extensive flexibility to match the needs of individual laboratories, whether in research or testing. Integration with either the new Varian UV or LC Dissolution Systems will save time and reduce the potential for sample handling errors.
For dissolution testing laboratories, robust instrumentation and ease of use are paramount. Each laboratory has its own clearly defined set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that dictate how analyses are performed. At the same time, customers appreciate the flexibility to make choices about the automation of certain tasks. The 708-DS with traditional water bath and TruAlign(TM) vessels supports several innovative automation options, including automated media temperature sensing, dosage delivery and sampling. Customers can decide for themselves which automation options make sense for their laboratory.
For increased productivity beyond manual and semi-automated testing, the 708-DS offers integration capabilities for UV and HPLC analytical finishes. Varian's UV Dissolution System provides superior online UV analysis with a choice of either multicell or fiber-optic configurations. The Varian LC Dissolution System is a fully integrated, automated online HPLC dissolution system that can provide the maximum amount of information about each sample. Both the UV and LC Dissolution Systems significantly reduce the time required for complete sample analysis. Varian's breadth of products offer the ability to obtain complete dissolution, UV and HPLC solutions from one provider, eliminating concerns over integrating components from multiple vendors.
"The introduction of the 708-DS is clear evidence that Varian continues to listen to our customers and make a significant investment in providing answers for their needs," said Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments. "Our position as a leading manufacturer of pharmaceutical testing equipment is further enhanced by the ability to deliver complete dissolution, UV and HPLC solutions from one provider."
Varian's leadership in dissolution extends far beyond offering innovative dissolution products. We provide customers with a complete solution including qualification services, training, SOP guidance and support, and technical support for equipment. For the broader dissolution community, Varian provides: educational seminars, a Dissolution Hotline, method development support, regulatory updates and guidance, and the helpful vendor-neutral Dissolution Discussion Group (DDG) online forum.
For more technical information about Varian dissolution products, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/dissolution/
About Varian, Inc.
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science, environmental, energy, and applied research and other applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc.'s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.varianinc.com/.
For more information, contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]