Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (4/28/08). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. to Provide nano-LC for Use in FTMS System". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Organisation 2||Proxeon A/S|
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||920-MS TQ-FT mass spectrometer (Varian)|
|Product 2||NanoLC™ Proteomics System|
|Index term 2||Varian–Proxeon: EASY-nLC system, –200805– collab existent product integration w Varian mass specs under name Varian 216-LC|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) announced today the availability of a nano-LC (liquid chromatography) system as an option for Varian's 920-MS Triple Quadrupole Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometer (TQ-FTMS). The Varian 216-LC, combined with the 920-MS, offers increased sensitivity and more consistent data to researchers involved in proteomics research. The 216-LC is supplied to Varian under an OEM agreement with Proxeon A/S.
The 216-LC employs a "splitless" design that delivers nanoliter flows to a mass spectrometer without discarding a large fraction of the solvent. More precise mixing of binary gradients, controlled by one flow sensor for each mobile phase, ensures reproducible gradients and better retention time precision. An integrated, temperature controlled, low-sample-loss autosampler enhances productivity, and minimizes transfer time to the separation column even at nanoliter flow rates while keeping the total footprint of the system small.
"Nanospray capabilities make the Varian 920-MS an exceptionally powerful tool for proteomics research," said Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "In an area where sample quantities can be limited and difficult to obtain, we have made it easier for life scientists to gather more data from minute amounts of material."
For more technical information about Varian's FTMS instrumentation, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/products/
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science and industrial applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 4,000 people worldwide and operates manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2007 sales of $921 million, and its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol, "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site: http://www.varianinc.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]