Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (6/3/09). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. Introduces First True Benchtop Ion Trap GC/MS". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||225-MS Ion Trap GC/MS system (Varian)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) today announced the release of the 225-MS, a true benchtop GC/MS (gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer). The 225-MS ion trap is the world's first mass spectrometer to enclose all of its components, including the foreline vacuum pump, in one compact design. Intended for use in high-throughput laboratories for applications ranging from environmental analyses to product safety, the 225-MS addresses the issue of space limitations while offering improved performance at the same time.
Mass spectrometers require two pumps to achieve sufficient vacuum: a foreline pump which is typically situated on the laboratory floor and a turbomolecular pump located inside the instrument. Without increasing the size of the mass spectrometer, the 225-MS integrates both pumps inside the benchtop unit, eliminating the floor space and hose required by an external pump.
The innovative integrated pump design offers important performance and ownership benefits:
# -- It reduces the background signal which allows improved sensitivity.
# -- The vacuum module does not require oil changes, eliminating the inconvenience of changing (and disposing of) the oil.
The 225-MS offers MS/MS and MS(n) capability to reduce matrix influences and provide more detailed structural information. Users can also take advantage of liquid or gas reagent based chemical ionization (CI) for compound confirmation and increased selectivity. The result is enhanced qualitative and quantitative information about the sample.
"Combining Varian's expertise in vacuum technologies and mass spectrometry, the 225-MS delivers a compact solution without compromising performance," said Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "In fact, the innovative design increases the sensitivity of the instrument."
For more technical information about Varian products, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/products/
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science, environmental, energy, and applied research and other applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 3,700 people worldwide and operates manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Varian, Inc. common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.varianinc.com.
For More Information, Contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]