Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (11/14/05). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. Debuts a New Range of ICP-MS Instruments with Unique Integrated Interference Management Technology. Collision Reaction Interface for Fast, Flexible Interference-free Analysis". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||810-MS ICP mass spectrometer (Varian)|
|Product 2||820-MS ICP mass spectrometer (Varian)|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) today unveiled two new ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma -- Mass Spectrometer) instruments, the Varian 810-MS and 820-MS, to improve performance and throughput for elemental analysis of complex samples. This new range of ICP-MS instruments complements our broad range of AA (Atomic Absorption) and ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma -- Optical Emission Spectrometer), instruments and strengthens the company's global leadership position in elemental analysis.
Core to both the 810-MS and 820-MS is Varian's patented high efficiency 90-degree ion optics and double off axis quadrupole, delivering exceptionally low background noise and sensitivity for unmatched analytical performance. The 820-MS also features Varian's state-of-the-art integrated interference management technology -- the Collision Reaction Interface (CRI). The new patent pending CRI, featuring advanced automated tuning and instrument setup routines, enables laboratories to easily achieve lower detection limits and more accurate quantitation for difficult elements in complex samples.
Many environmental, geochemical, and semiconductor laboratories prefer to use an ICP-MS equipped with interference management technology because it enables accurate detection of trace levels of elements, including arsenic (As), iron (Fe), selenium (Se), chromium (Cr), and vanadium (V) in water, soil, chemical and biological samples.
Unlike competitive interference management systems, Varian, Inc.'s CRI eliminates the need to use corrosive and expensive gases such as ammonia and methane, and instead uses simple collision and reaction gases such as helium, which leads to easier and safer use of the ICP-MS while reducing operating costs. Additionally, the design of the CRI is such that no additional maintenance is required for the interference management system, whereas traditional systems require instrument downtime to access the interference management device for routine cleaning and maintenance.
The CRI's unique design also enables customers to use the 820-MS in two modes, active-CRI and non-active CRI, allowing multiple condition sets to be used within a single solution for greater performance and flexibility. Additionally, the systems are compatible with Varian, Inc.'s Galaxie software for integrated LC-ICP-MS support with real-time signal display and full chromatographic data reduction.
"We're pleased to have developed two new information rich detection instruments that strengthen our broad product offering for elemental analysis and significantly expands our range of ICP-MS applications," said Martin O'Donoghue, Vice President of Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "With environmental and other regulations calling for lower detection limits, sensitivity coupled with ease-of-use will continue to shift demand toward ICP-MS."
Varian, Inc.'s 810-MS and 820-MS remain the most sensitive quadrupole ICP-MS instruments on the market, designed to achieve gigahertz sensitivity (1000 million counts per second per parts per million of analyte) while delivering improved performance across other criteria. Coupled with industry leading ease of use, the 810-MS and 820-MS handle the toughest samples with routine ease, and are compatible with a range of productivity and performance enhancing accessories.
For more technical information about the new Varian 810-MS and 820-MS, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/products/spectr/icpms/index.html
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science and industrial applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum components, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training, and support through its global distribution system. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 3,700 people and operates manufacturing facilities in 13 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2005 sales of $773 million (excluding the divested Electronics Manufacturing segment), and its common stock is traded on Nasdaq under the symbol, "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site: www.varianinc.com
For More Information, Contact: Lauren Lum
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]