Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (3/13/06). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. Introduces World’s First Commercial 15T FTMS System. IonSpec Corporation Acquisition Highly Synergistic for Information Rich Detection Product Portfolio". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Organisation 2||IonSpec Corporation|
|Today||Varian Inc. (Group)|
|Product||Varian 15 Tesla Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry (FTMS) system (IonSpec)|
|Product 2||FTMS magnet|
|Index term 2||IonSpec–Varian: investment, 200602 acquisition $16m cash incl pay down of assumed debt + milestone|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) today announced the availability of the world's first commercial 15Tesla (T) Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry (FTMS) system, for delivering unprecedented mass resolution and accuracy to scientists studying proteins in high-end research laboratories. This distinctive product offering is the immediate result of the company's acquisition of IonSpec Corporation in February 2006, and establishes Varian, Inc. as a performance and innovation leader in FTMS.
FTMS offers the most accurate mass determination and the highest possible resolution of any type of MS instrument available today, enabling scientists to discover the function and structural characterization of proteins and other biomolecules in various biological systems. More specifically, the 15T FTMS will make possible the study of top-down proteomics, or the ability to work with large peptides or intact proteins, eliminating the need to digest the protein into small pieces before an MS analysis. The size and strength of the magnet will significantly improve the mass accuracy and dynamic range of the FTMS.
"Our ability to offer this unique, ground-breaking system is the result of synergy between our magnet manufacturing capabilities and our recent acquisition of IonSpec Corporation," said Martin O'Donoghue, senior vice president of Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "We intend to leverage the knowledge and expertise from both product areas to broaden our range of information rich detection products and accelerate our participation in faster growing life science research and applications."
The 15T magnet, manufactured by Magnex Scientific Ltd., a part of Varian, Inc. since November 2004, is now available to be paired with the entire IonSpec product line as an upgrade for existing customers, or as an option to purchase with a Quadrupole Fourier Transform (QFT) MS or ProMALDI FTMS.
Orders are being accepted now for the new 15T FTMS system with delivery scheduled in approximately twelve months.
Part of Varian, Inc.'s strategy is to strengthen the company's IRD product portfolio, which provides users with multi-dimensional layers of knowledge critical to their ability to optimize analyses and processes. These products include nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, mass spectrometry (MS) and Fourier Transform- infrared (FT-IR) systems.
For additional information about Varian's new FTMS product line, please visit www.ionspec.com.
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science and industrial applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum components, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 3,700 people and operates manufacturing facilities in 14 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2005 sales of $773 million (excluding the divested Electronics Manufacturing business), and its common stock is traded on Nasdaq under the symbol, "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site: www.varianinc.com.
Pittcon Booth #3969
Pittcon Booth #5273
For More Information,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]