Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (2/28/05). "Press Release: New Varian Mass Spectrometer Workstation Software for LC/MS and High-sample Throughput Applications". Orlando, FL.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||mass spectrometry software (MS software)|
|Product 2||LC/MS system|
Today, Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) announced the release of its new Version 6.5 Mass Spectrometer (MS) Workstation Software that includes CTC Autosampler control for liquid chromatography (LC). The Version 6.5 is a single fully integrated application allowing both gas chromatography (GC)/MS and LC/MS systems to be operated under one standardized platform. Complementing this latest revision of the platform, Varian, Inc. now offers full control of the CTC HTS PAL Autosampler.
The MS Workstation SW Version 6.5 provides significant ease-of-use enhancements for routine LC/MS analysis involving large numbers of samples, such as pharmaceutical bioanalysis, toxicology, environmental, and food and agriculture applications. It simplifies routine data review and quantitation of large numbers of data files, enabling the operator to be more productive with large sample loads. In addition, full control of the CTC HTS PAL Autosampler is integrated in the software, allowing the operator to program the autosampler without leaving MS Workstation.
For routine applications, the new Version 6.5 software allows users to quickly identify the components of interest in the data files and to review the results of many hundreds of samples with minimal intervention and changes to the software parameters. The user can specify scan descriptors that are indicative of particular compounds and quickly apply them to all specified data files as well as review the data files using a simple graphical interface.
The new Version 6.5 extends the usability of existing Varian MS workstation software, which was previously optimized for GC/MS applications that often require the analysis of small numbers of individual samples, each containing hundreds of compounds. Now with Version 6.5, the Varian software also offers optimal performance for LC/MS applications, which frequently require the analysis of hundreds of samples, each having few components.
The new Version 6.5 MS Workstation Software will begin shipping in June 2005. Mass spectrometers are among the company's information rich detection offerings, which provide users with multi-dimensional layers of knowledge. Varian, Inc. is focused on making information rich detectors more accessible and usable, and the Version 6.5 MS Workstation Software enhancements fit into that strategy.
Varian, Inc. is a major supplier of scientific instruments, vacuum technologies, and specialized contract electronics manufacturing services. These businesses serve a broad range of life science and industrial customers worldwide. The company manufactures in 15 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim, and employs some 4,600 people. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2004 sales of $916 million. Additional information about Varian, Inc. is available at www.varianinc.com.
For More Information, Contact:
Pittcon Booth #4128
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]