Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (2/23/05). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. Signs Cryogenically Cooled Probe Agreement with JEOL Ltd.". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Organisation 2||JEOL Ltd. (JP)|
|Product 2||NMR spectrometer|
Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) today announced that it has signed an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with JEOL Ltd., a Japanese manufacturer of nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers and components. Under the agreement, JEOL will be purchasing at least $7.5 million of Varian, Inc. cryogenically cooled probes over the next five years.
Cryogenically cooled probes (-250 degrees C) are used for proteomics and pharmaceutical research and provide 3 - 4 times higher sensitivity than the equivalent room temperature probe, allowing scientists to achieve NMR results more than 10 times faster. The agreement with JEOL is primarily for cryogenically cooled probes with field strengths of 500 and 600 MHz.
"We are very pleased that JEOL has chosen Varian, Inc.'s cryogenically cooled probes to market and sell with their NMR systems," said Jan Tschida, Vice President and General Manager, Magnetic Resonance Systems, Varian, Inc.
"In order to stimulate the continuing growth of JEOL in this period of technological change, we decided that this agreement with Varian, Inc. will be crucial for our NMR customers," said Y. Ishida, senior managing director, JEOL Ltd.
NMR is a non-destructive, information-rich analytical technique used in the fields of proteomics and genomics to identify the 3-dimensional structure, function and dynamics of proteins, nucleic acids, and other biological macromolecules. Such structural information is critical in proteomics/genomics and drug discovery applications where scientists desire a deeper understanding of the actual structure of target molecules and their spatial relationships with candidate pharmaceutical compounds.
Today, Varian, Inc. is a global leader in NMR spectrometers with an installed base of more than 3,000 systems worldwide.
About Varian, Inc.
Varian, Inc. is a major supplier of scientific instruments, vacuum technologies, and specialized contract electronics manufacturing services. These businesses serve a broad range of life science and industrial customers worldwide. The company manufactures in 15 locations in North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim and employs some 4,600 people. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2004 sales of $916 million. Additional information about Varian is available at www.varianinc.com.
About JEOL Ltd
JEOL, as one of the world's top-level manufacturers of scientific instruments, is continuing to offer the optimum solutions by making full use of its technology fostered over many years. We will supply customers with a variety of products used in a wide range of applications, such as basic research and development, nano-technology, environmental science, information technology, semiconductor production, biotechnology, and industrial applications. JEOL group consists of 11 companies in Japan and 15 companies overseas. Number of employees: 3,086. Consolidated net sales (fiscal year ended March 31, 2004) yen 87.1 billion. Additional information about JEOL is available at www.jeol.co.jp/.
Contact: Lauren Lum of Varian, Inc., +1-650-424-5286, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]