Document › Details
Vermillion, Inc.. (2/2/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Announces Notice of Allowance of Patent for Breast Cancer Biomarkers". Austin, TX.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Vermillion Inc. (Nasdaq: VRML)|
|Organisation 2||US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Page, Gail S. (Vermillion/Ciphergen 200606 CEO)|
Vermillion, Inc. (Nasdaq: VRML), a molecular diagnostics company, today announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued a notice of allowance for a patent entitled "Biomarkers for breast cancer" to the Company. The patent claims are directed to biomarker combinations for the diagnosis and management of breast cancer and to the measurement of the biomarkers by mass spectrometry.
"The notice of allowance for this breast cancer biomarker patent is additional validation of our approach to intellectual property protection. We view the increasing breadth of our patent portfolio as a significant corporate asset," said Gail S. Page, CEO and Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Vermillion.
Vermillion, Inc. is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel high-value diagnostic tests that help physicians diagnose, treat and improve outcomes for patients. Vermillion, along with its prestigious scientific collaborators, has diagnostic programs in oncology, hematology, cardiology and women's health. Vermillion is based in Austin, Texas. Additional information about Vermillion can be found on the Web at http://www.vermillion.com/.
Certain matters discussed in this press release contain forward-looking statements that involve significant risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding Vermillion's plans, objectives, expectations and intentions. These forward-looking statements are based on Vermillion's current expectations. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a "safe harbor" for such forward-looking statements. In order to comply with the terms of the safe harbor, Vermillion notes that a variety of factors could cause actual results and experience to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to materially differ include but are not limited to: (1) uncertainty as to Vermillion's ability to protect and promote its proprietary technology; (2) Vermillion's lack of a lengthy track record successfully developing and commercializing diagnostic products; (3) uncertainty as to whether Vermillion will be able to obtain any required regulatory approval of its future diagnostic products; (4) uncertainty of the size of market for its existing diagnostic tests or future diagnostic products, including the risk that its products will not be competitive with products offered by other companies, or that users will not be entitled to receive adequate reimbursement for its products from third party payors such as private insurance companies and government insurance plans; (5) uncertainty that Vermillion will successfully license or otherwise successfully partner with third parties to commercialize its future products; (6) uncertainty whether the trading in Vermillion's stock will become significantly less liquid; and (7) other factors that might be described from time to time in Vermillion's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All information in this press release is as of the date of this report, and Vermillion expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any such statements to reflect any change in Vermillion's expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, unless required by law.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Vermillion (Group)
-  Bonislawski, Adam. (12/23/11). "News: Vermillion Shareholder Alleges Medicare Denying over 80 Percent of OVA1 Reimbursement Claims"....
-  Bonislawski, Adam. (12/2/11). "News: Court Approves Sale of Correlogic’s Assets to Vermillion after Second Bidder Drops Out"....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (11/9/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Reports Results for Third Quarter 2011". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (8/3/11). "Press Release: Vermillion Appoints Distribution Partner for OVA1 in Israel and the Palestine Territories". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (4/4/11). "Press Release: Vermillion and Quest Diagnostics Sign Agreement to Make OVA1 Available in India. Data Presented at IGCS Meeting New Delhi". Austin, TX....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (1/22/10). "Press Release: Vermillion Emerges from Bankruptcy. Company Poised to Launch OVA1". Fremont, CA....
-  Vermillion, Inc.. (12/4/09). "Press Release: Vermillion Files Amended Plan of Reorganization and Exchanges Debt". Fremont, CA....
-  Pronota N.V.. (6/18/07). "Press Release: Pronota Strenghtens Commercial Team with Appointment of Business Development Director". Ghent....
-  Correlogic Systems Inc.. (6/6/07). "Press Release: Correlogic Systems and JEOL Sign Research and Development Agreement. Joint Efforts to Advance Clinical Application of Mass Spectrometry". Rockville, MD....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]