Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Vicam (a Waters Business)|
|Organisation 2||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Afla-V® AQUA™ test|
|Product 2||Fumo-V® AQUA™ test|
|Person||Radlo-Zandi, Marjorie (Waters 201304 General Manager, Director of Operations of Vicam)|
|Person 2||Orlando, Chris (Waters 201301 Puplic Relations Manager)|
Afla-V AQUA and Fumo-V AQUA combine eco-friendly extraction into one simple step
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today announced VICAM®, a Waters® Business, now offers a single extraction method for the detection of aflatoxins and fumonisins in corn and grain. The Afla-V® AQUA™ and Fumo-V® AQUA™ provide quantitative results in only five-minutes (after extraction/sample prep). The simple, one-step, water-based process eliminates solvent use completely. Extraction is performed using a simple, environmentally safe solution which requires no special handling, mixing or blending.
Traditional testing methods often require individual extraction procedures for each toxin, some requiring the use of costly chemicals such as methanol, a chemical solvent which requires special storage and handling. In addition, specialized shipping often adds to the expense and complexity of on-site mycotoxin detection. In contrast, the Afla-V® AQUA™ and Fumo–V® AQUA™ tests can be run on the same sample extract, reducing time, effort and consumables cost.
“Afla-V® AQUA™ and Fumo-V® AQUA™ are designed to make mycotoxin monitoring more accessible by enabling early detection and quantitation while also eliminating the dependence on chemicals that may be difficult to obtain, store and use in a safe manner,” said Marjorie Radlo-Zandi, Managing Director, VICAM. “All this is accomplished while delivering a performance that meets quality and regulatory standards that safeguard food and feed products worldwide.”
Afla-V® AQUA™ and Fumo-V® AQUA™ are now both available worldwide.
Aflatoxins are naturally occurring chemical byproducts of mold species, which are natural inhabitants of crop soils. Severe rain and drought can encourage aflatoxin production, and once released, aflatoxin and other mycotoxins are difficult to manage and nearly impossible to destroy. Aflatoxin B1 is classified as a Group I carcinogen and is highly toxic even at very low concentrations. The USDA, FDA, EU, and other international government agencies impose specific regulations and guidelines for acceptable levels of mycotoxins. Producers and exporters use on-site and laboratory testing to ensure regulatory compliance and to protect human and animal health from illnesses associated with mycotoxins, including cancer and feed refusal in animals.
Fumonisins are mycotoxins produced by the fungus Fusarium moniliforme. F. moniliforme is a frequent, almost universal, inhabitant of corn. Fumonisin B1, B2 and B3 are present in most corn samples tested, often totaling greater than 1 ppm. Fumonisin is thought to cause equine leukoencephalomalacia in horses, swine pulmonary edema, and human esophageal cancer. The FDA/USDA Working Group on Fumonisin advises less than 4 ppm for products for human consumption, less than 5 mg/kg in horse feed, less than 10 mg/kg for swine feed, and less than 50 mg/kg for cattle feed.
About VICAM, A Waters Business (VICAM.com)
VICAM is a world-leading provider of mycotoxin testing solutions. Since 1985, VICAM has been dedicated to developing USDA- and AOAC-approved rapid tests for mycotoxins. VICAM’s mycotoxin test kits offer a choice of rapid qualitative screening and quantitative test methods for a wide variety of mycotoxins. Around the world, VICAM products are used with confidence by customers who trust our commitment to extending the value of those products with unmatched service and support. We guarantee satisfaction with expert technical assistance and top-of-the-line customer care through a global scientific and distribution network that develops, markets, sells, and services our products in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.vicam.com or call +1.508.482.4935.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis systems.
Chris Orlando, 508-482-2623
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/4/16). "Press Release: The Waters Acquity Arc System Receives 2016 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]