Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (7/14/16). "Press Release: Vicam, a Waters Business, Receives 2016 North American Food Safety Diagnostics Market Leadership Award from Frost & Sullivan". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Vicam (a Waters Business)|
|Organisation 2||Frost & Sullivan|
|Product||food analysis (food testing)|
|Product 2||research report (market report)|
|Person||Radlo-Zandi, Marjorie (Waters 201304 General Manager, Director of Operations of Vicam)|
|Person 2||Orlando, Chris (Waters 201301 Puplic Relations Manager)|
Award recognizes VICAM’s significant contributions to the safety and quality of the global food supply chain
Today, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) announced VICAM®, a Waters® Business, received the 2016 North American Food Safety Diagnostics Market Leadership Award from Frost & Sullivan.
VICAM’s corporate mission is based on the fundamental human need for safe and abundant food that is wholesome, healthful, and devoid of mold mycotoxins. As a world-leading provider of mycotoxin testing solutions, VICAM develops USDA and AOAC-approved rapid quantitative screening and quantitative test solutions for a wide variety of mycotoxins. These solutions not only minimize the costly consequences of mycotoxin contamination, but also help ensure food safety from farm-to-fork.
Mycotoxins are naturally occurring chemical byproducts of ubiquitous mold species that are natural inhabitants of crop soils. Severe rain or drought can encourage mycotoxin production and, once released, mycotoxins are difficult to manage and virtually impossible to destroy. The USDA, FDA, EU, and other international government agencies impose specific regulations and guidelines for acceptable levels of mycotoxins. Producers and exporters use on-site and laboratory testing to ensure regulatory compliance and to protect human and animal health from illnesses associated with mycotoxins, including cancer, liver damage, and feed refusal in animals.
Raghu Tantry, Principal Analyst at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "With its wide portfolio of rapid tests for mycotoxins coupled with its access to the latest research advancements, industry expertise, and regulatory updates, VICAM is poised to meet the safety testing needs of every sector of the modern and complex global food supply chain for food and beverages."
Tantry continued, “Through its comprehensive product line vetted by industries leaders and trusted by customers in more than 100 countries, VICAM is considered to be the preferred global provider for next generation food safety technology and mycotoxin testing solutions.”
“On behalf of the employees of VICAM and all of Waters Corporation, we are honored to receive this recognition from such a well-respected organization like Frost & Sullivan,” said Marjorie Radlo-Zandi, Managing Director, VICAM. “As the trusted partner of the global food and agricultural industry, VICAM is proud to consistently deliver the superior products, responsive service, and individualized support for industry-specific goals that is expected from our world-leading products.”
About VICAM, A Waters Business (VICAM.com)
VICAM is a world-leading provider of mycotoxin testing solutions. Since 1985, VICAM has been dedicated to developing USDA- and AOAC-approved rapid tests for mycotoxins. VICAM’s mycotoxin test kits offer a choice of rapid qualitative screening and quantitative test methods for a wide variety of mycotoxins. Around the world, VICAM products are used with confidence by customers who trust our commitment to extending the value of those products with unmatched service and support. We guarantee satisfaction with expert technical assistance and top-of-the-line customer care through a global scientific and distribution network that develops, markets, sells, and services our products in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.vicam.com or call +1.508.482.4935.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis systems.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best in class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages almost 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from 31 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit
Chris Orlando, 508-482-2623
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-08-08
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]