Document › Details
VUV Analytics, Inc.. (8/18/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Closes Series B Financing. New Science Ventures Leads $6.5 Million Equity Financing to Fund Growth". Austin, TX.
VUV Analytics, Inc., the leader in vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) absorption spectroscopy, announced closing of a $6.5 million Series B equity financing. The round was led by new investor New Science Ventures, with participation from S3 Ventures and other previous investors. Vivek Mohindra, Partner at New Science Ventures, has joined the company’s board of directors. In 2014 and 2015, the company had previously raised a total of $7 million in Series A equity and $2 million of debt.
“VUV Analytics has developed a platform technology that is currently being adopted in diverse markets, from refining and petrochemical to food and life science,” said Vivek Mohindra, “We were especially impressed with the company’s traction among Global 100 companies. We expect VUV technology to ultimately penetrate a broad cross section of the laboratory analytical and process control markets.”
“We are very excited to have New Science Ventures as our Series B lead investor,” said Clark Jernigan, CEO of VUV Analytics. “The team at NSV, with expertise in both advanced materials and life sciences, was exactly what we were looking for with Series B, and will be of great help as we expand our markets and technology reach from a strong starting point in fuels refining and chemicals production. Given our ramping revenue and capital efficient business model, we expect this capital to take the company to self-sustaining growth.”
“It has been fun to see VUV Analytics develop from a promising technology to a successful company with industry leading customers,” said Brian R. Smith, Managing Director at S3 Venture Partners, “We welcome New Science Ventures to the team and look forward to seeing the company reach the next level.”
About VUV Analytics
VUV Analytics is the leader in vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) absorption spectroscopy. VUV Analytics’ products have claimed the “Best New Analytical Instrument” award at the Gulf Coast Conference, a Top 5 Award from The Analytical Scientist, 2015 R&D 100 Market Disruptor Product by R&D Magazine, and Innovative Product of the Year at the ISA Analysis Symposium. For more information, visit www.vuvanalytics.com or contact VUV Analytics directly at (512) 333-0860.
Record changed: 2016-08-22
More documents for VUV Analytics Inc.
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (9/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Adam Hall of Northeastern University Awarded Seminal Research Opportunity. VUV Analytics Inc. Announces Northeastern as Fall 2016 Academic Grant Recipient". Boston, MA....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (6/7/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Launches Next Generation Gas Chromatography Detector. VGA-101 Presents the Latest Innovation in Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (5/10/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Hires New Senior Vice President of Sales". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (10/20/15). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Announces New Product Launch. SVGA-100 Instrument Marks Entry into Gas Analyzer Market". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (10/20/15). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Closes $9 Million in Funding and Appoints Clark Jernigan as CEO". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (12/30/14). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Hires Former Thermo Scientific Sales Leader. Cary Anne Simpson Joins as North America Sales Director for VUV Analytics". Austin, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]