Document › Details
VUV Analytics, Inc.. (10/20/15). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Closes $9 Million in Funding and Appoints Clark Jernigan as CEO". Austin, TX.
Financing will be used to extend global sales & new applications development
VUV Analytics, Inc., manufacturers of the VGA-100 vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) detector, announced the final closing of a total $9 million Series A and venture debt financing and the addition of new CEO Clark Jernigan. The round was led by S3 Ventures.
“This latest infusion of capital will further advance VUV Analytics as an industry leader in gas chromatography (GC) detection,” said Brian R. Smith, Managing Director at S3 Venture Partners, “We are enthusiastic about the future of this unique technology and its proven ability to change how chemical analysis is done.”
The VGA-100 is the world’s first commercially available VUV absorption spectroscopy instrument, and has features and benefits beyond the capabilities of mass spectrometry. This novel approach to GC detection provides both qualitative and quantitative analysis, with minimal calibration and sample preparation needs.
Leading VUV Analytics into this growth phase is newly appointed CEO, Clark Jernigan, formerly Venture Partner at Austin Ventures. Founder Sean Jameson will be transitioning to Senior VP of Business Development. “Clark is the ideal leader to take us through the next phase of this company,” Jameson said. “His experience building large companies through the growth phase as both an investor and an operator makes him uniquely suited to help VUV as we tackle the next set of challenges.”
During his 13+ years at Austin Ventures, Mr. Jernigan focused on investing in hardware, clean tech, and technology services. Previous experience includes VP/General Manager and Director of Engineering at Cirrus Logic, product development engineering and management at AMD, and equity research at Alex Brown. Mr. Jernigan holds an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University, a Master’s of Electrical Engineering from Rice University, and a BS in Electrical Engineering from Texas A&M University.
“I am thrilled to join VUV Analytics at this exciting time in the company’s development,” said Clark Jernigan, “The founders have done a great job of bringing innovative and truly distinctive technology to market that is transforming GC detection. With the VGA-100, analytical chemists can achieve enhanced results, reduce calibration hassles, and benefit from a lower total cost of ownership.”
VUV Analytics has been recognized with the “Best New Analytical Instrument” award at the Gulf Coast Conference, emerging from a competitive field of the world’s newest scientific instruments. Additionally, The Analytical Scientist named the VGA-100 a Top 5 winner in their annual Innovation Awards.
About VUV Analytics
VUV Analytics is the worldwide leader in vacuum ultraviolet absorption spectroscopy. VUV manufactures the VGA-100, a gas chromatography detector which brings insights previously only seen in billion dollar synchrotrons to all analytical chemists. Called the biggest innovation in gas chromatography detection in the past 30 years, the VGA-100 is used by leading analytical chemists in petrochemicals, environmental, food and beverage safety, flavors and fragrances, and specialty gas. For more information about VUV Analytics, visit http://www.vuvanalytics.com.
VUV Analytics, Inc.
+1 (720) 560-5580
Cary Anne Simpson
VUV Analytics, Inc.
VUV Analytics, Inc.
Record changed: 2016-10-15
More documents for VUV Analytics Inc.
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (9/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Adam Hall of Northeastern University Awarded Seminal Research Opportunity. VUV Analytics Inc. Announces Northeastern as Fall 2016 Academic Grant Recipient". Boston, MA....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (8/18/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Closes Series B Financing. New Science Ventures Leads $6.5 Million Equity Financing to Fund Growth". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (6/7/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Launches Next Generation Gas Chromatography Detector. VGA-101 Presents the Latest Innovation in Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (5/10/16). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Hires New Senior Vice President of Sales". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (10/20/15). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Announces New Product Launch. SVGA-100 Instrument Marks Entry into Gas Analyzer Market". Austin, TX....
-  VUV Analytics, Inc.. (12/30/14). "Press Release: VUV Analytics Hires Former Thermo Scientific Sales Leader. Cary Anne Simpson Joins as North America Sales Director for VUV Analytics". Austin, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]