Document › Details
BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc.. (3/3/10). "Press Release: BIOCIUS Life Sciences Extends Global Presence with Distribution Agreement for Japan. Wako Pure Chemical Industries to Exclusively Distribute RapidFire in Japan". Woburn, MA & Osaka.
|Organisation||Biocius Life Sciences Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Wako Pure Chemical Industries Ltd.|
|Product||RapidFire™ Mass Spectrometry system|
|Product 2||RapidFire™ Lead Discovery (service)|
|Person||Leathe, Jeffrey (Jeff) (BIOCIUS 200912– before BioTrove before Pelican Life Sciences CEO before Apogent CFO)|
|Person 2||Oishi, Haruki (Wak Pure Chemicals 201003 General Manager BioMedical Systems Dept)|
BIOCIUS Life Sciences Inc., developers of the RapidFire® high-throughput mass spectrometry system, today announced an exclusive distribution agreement for the Japanese market with Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd. Wako will distribute the label-free RapidFire product and contract research services portfolio for lead discovery and in vitro ADME screening applications, including the recently launched RF300 system.
"Japan is an important market for pharmaceutical discovery and as a premier distributor in Japan, we strongly believe that Wako is the right partner to provide our portfolio to this dynamic sector," said Jeffrey Leathe, President and Chief Executive Officer of BIOCIUS Life Sciences. "In 2009 we expanded geographically, installing several systems outside of the United States, across Europe and Canada; we are looking forward to working with Wako, a company that has a great market presence and reputation in the industry to further expand our reach throughout Japan."
BIOCIUS's RapidFire technology makes mass spectrometry-based screening economically viable by providing label-free, biologically relevant data at high throughputs. At an analysis time of six to eight seconds per sample, RapidFire enables drug discovery researchers to decrease their screening bottlenecks and more efficiently utilize resources. Under the terms of the agreement, Wako Pure Chemical Industries will offer both RapidFire instrumentation and contract research services in Japan.
According to Haruki Oishi, Ph.D., General Manager, BioMedical Systems Department, "At Wako, we see a tremendous opportunity for RapidFire in Japan; we feel BIOCIUS's technologies will enable us to provide our customers with drug discovery solutions through the synergy with Wako's product line and a means to investigate therapeutic targets that have been difficult to analyze by conventional methods." Wako will fully support the technology in Japan with a team of expert application scientists and field support engineers.
About BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc.
Named from the Greek word "BIO" (life) and the Latin word "OCIUS" (faster), BIOCIUS Life Sciences, provides the biopharmaceutical industry with faster answers: Products and services committed to speed and accuracy in drug discovery. Used by 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, BIOCIUS's products and contract research services enable our partners to exceed their business goals.
About Wako Pure Chemicals
Founded in 1922, Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd. has been engaged in the development and manufacture of high-quality products as a comprehensive reagent manufacturer capable of responding to research needs in cutting-edge areas. At present, Wako uses its unique technological capabilities to focus on three key operational areas, namely: Laboratory Chemicals, Specialty Chemicals and Diagnostic Reagents, and to meet the diverse requirements of researchers, medical professionals and industry. The core competence of Wako Pure Chemical Industries, Ltd. lies in its technological strength, which creates innovative products of the highest quality. Wako utilizes its unique technological capabilities to progress as a global corporation. In addition to overseas production carried out under a stringent management system, Wako implements technological and sales partnerships, import-export and other various international activities. For more information, visit www.wako-chem.co.jp.
Jennifer M. Rossi, PhD
Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications at BIOCIUS
Haruki Oishi, Ph.D.
General Manager for Biomedical Systems Department at Wako
RapidFire® technology is described in patent numbers 6,932,939, 6,812,030 7,100,460, 7,588,725,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]