Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (8/28/06). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Acquires Thermometric AB". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Thermometric AB|
|Today||TA Instruments Inc.|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today the acquisition of all the outstanding capital stock of privately held Thermometric AB (Jarfalla, Sweden), a manufacturer of high-performance microcalorimeters, for approximately $2.5 million. Waters plans to merge the acquired business into its TA Instruments Inc. (New Castle, DE) operation. Thermometric has annual sales of approximately $4 million and this transaction is expected to be neutral to Waters 2006 earnings.
Commenting on the acquisition, Terry Kelly, President of TA Instruments said, "The technologies and products from Thermometric are complementary to our leading position in thermal analysis and will allow us to expand our business into new applications, especially in life science research."
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies - liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis. These markets account for approximately $5 billion of the overall $20 - $25 billion analytical instrument market.
Thermometric AB operated as a privately held company in Jarfalla, Sweden. Their flagship product, the TAM III, is a modular calorimeter that employs proprietary technology to deliver unparalleled calorimetric sensitivity and temperature stability. It is routinely used to characterize materials, and their interactions, in the fields of pharmaceuticals, life and materials sciences.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors and others are discussed more fully in the section entitled "Risk Factors" of the Company's annual report on Form 10K for the year ended December 31, 2005 and quarterly report on Form 10Q for the period ended July 1, 2006, as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which "Risk Factors" discussion is incorporated by reference in this release.
CONTACT: Waters Corporation
Gene Cassis, 508-482-2349
Vice President of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]