Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (10/4/16). "Press Release: The Waters Acquity Arc System Receives 2016 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Frost & Sullivan|
|Product||Acquity® Arc™ System|
|Product 2||business services|
|Person||Yelle, Michael (Mike) (Waters 201405 VP Consumable Business Unit)|
|Person 2||Balasundar, Janani (Frost & Sullivan 201411 Industry Analyst)|
Bridging the Gap between HPLC and UPLC Performance, System is Favorite of QC Laboratories Testing Small Molecule Pharmaceuticals
Today, Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) announced that its ACQUITY® Arc™ System received a 2016 New Product Innovation Award from market research and growth consulting firm Frost & Sullivan.
The Waters® ACQUITY Arc System is a liquid chromatograph (LC) that gives drug development and quality control laboratories running routine, established LC methods a single LC platform for replicating or improving the performance of their separations methods regardless of the LC platform on which they were first developed.
Until its introduction in 2015, scientists working with established methods, and who wished to improve the performance of those methods, did not have a liquid chromatograph versatile enough to bridge the gap between high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®). With the introduction of the ACQUITY Arc System, and its enabling Arc Multi-flow path™ technology, scientists are now able to emulate the gradient dwell volume and mixing behavior of liquid chromatographs from a variety of manufacturers without altering the method’s gradient table.
Waters formally introduced the ACQUITY Arc System in 2015 at a news conference in Beijing, China.
Janani Balasundar, Research Analyst at Frost & Sullivan, noted, “In the regulated environment in which pharmaceutical companies operate, they are by nature conservative when it comes to adopting new technologies, and they prefer “tried and true” methods especially when it comes to later stages of the drug development and commercialization process.”
Janani continued, “With the ACQUITY Arc System, Waters has given pharmaceutical companies the capability of introducing a single LC platform for their workflows for improving analytical method performance and thereby productivity while maintaining CGMP compliance.”
“On behalf of the ACQUITY Arc product team, we are thankful to Frost & Sullivan for this honor,” said Mike Yelle, Vice President – Separations, Waters Corporation. “The award recognizes the commercial success of the ACQUITY Arc System and the positive impact it is having on laboratories, in Asia and elsewhere, that are supporting business-critical analytical methods.”
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
• The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
• The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Contact us: Start the discussion
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) develops and manufactures advanced analytical and material science technologies for laboratory dependent organizations. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis systems.
Waters, ACQUITY, UPLC, Arc Multi-Flow Path, UltraPerformance LC and ACQUITY Arc are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy, 508-482-2614
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-10-13
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]